Wurlitzer 2100 selection/reset problem

geschrieben von - posted by marcol 
Wurlitzer 2100 selection/reset problem
07.03.22 10:39
Good day.

My name is Marco and I have my own company in service/maintenance of guitar and music equipment in the netherlands. Recently I was asked by a family member to check his Wurlitzer 2100 because he wants to sell it.

The Wurlitzer did not work (except for the lighting) but I now have the Wurlitzer working. However, there are still a number of problems.. (note: I am not an experienced jukebox expert)

1. As soon as I turn on the jukebox and make a selection, it plays it nicely. Putting the record away again is also done well. Normally you should be able to make another selection while playing or after playing the first record. This doesn't work. The selection button does nothing after the first record. It seems to me that the latch selenoid is not reset after a record is inserted or by pressing the selection button. Anyone have experience with this?

2. One of the record lift arms is fairly rolling heavy so it does not come down far enough and thus stops/blocks the carousel. I've put some oil/grease in here and there but it doesn't help. Can't really figure out what makes it so heavy. Is there an adjustment option somewhere?

I have checked and cleaned all switch contacts. continunity is good.

more images here.
[imageshack.com]
[imageshack.com]
[imageshack.com]
[imageshack.com]
[imageshack.com]

(Last picture link should be free play?)

Thanks in advance!

Marco L

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 07.03.22 10:45.

Re: Wurlitzer 2100 selection/reset problem
08.03.22 15:14
Hello Marco

1.) I think the selection process of the first selection may not have completed properly. After selection, when the record magazine begins to run, the selector buttons must be released (the latch solenoid must de-energize). The latch solenoid may only pull in again (provided there is still credit) when all keys are in the rest position.

The process is described in detail in the service manual. If you don't have one, it's available here in the shop [www.jukebox-world.de]

2.) Here I suspect that the guide tips are bent to the side. The guide tips are plastic pieces at the top of the lift arms that fold when the lift arm goes all the way down. They unfold as they dive into the record compartments. Usually they stand straight up and are held in that position by a small piece of metal. It happens that this metal part twists so that the guide tips stand at an angle. You can then neither dive into the record compartments nor can the lift arm go completely into the rest position. Most of the time (not always) this will block the record magazine.

Best regards - charly49
08.03.22 20:50
Thanks for the reply!

Ok i will buy a manual these days to make things easier

I also found this: [www.carlhaines.com]

Is this part of the manual?
11.03.22 11:23
Hello Marco,

Yes, the shown chapter is part of the W2100 service manual.

Viele Grüße - Hildegard Stamann
04.04.22 19:54
ok i have the manual and in mean while i recapped/retubed the amp and stepper unit, rewired the playrak and have setup all the contacts on the control panel/keyboard. i also replaced the 2 resistors(150 and 170 ohms) on the keyboard.
but.. problem still excists.

i can manually make a selection by pushing a selection pin on the carousel but after that nothing. when i give a push on the pulse relay in the playrak the latch selenoid on the keyboard is energized en i can make a selection on the keyboard.. after this record nothing.

all contacts are cleaned up and setup as shown/written in the manual.

any idea?

i'm also a little suspicious about the reset button wiring.. see photo below.
shouldn't the 2 wires from the reset button not be soldered to the lugs i marked with the green circle ?

(old photo)

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 04.04.22 20:03.
05.04.22 06:53
05.04.22 11:28
Der 150 Ohm Widerstand ist nur der Vorwiderstand für die Selection Lampe .

Der 175 Ohm Widerstand ist so wie ich das sehe nur als Schutz für den Latch Sol. gedacht . Da dort erst Strom fließt wenn der Latch angezogen hat und dadurch der Kontakt 3-4 öffnet .

Ein Abfallen des Latch Sol. kommt erst zu Stande wenn TR einmal abfällt . Damit TR aber abfallen kann muss der Cancel Sol. einmal anziehen .
05.04.22 11:48
Ok thanks for the reply. But where should the 2 cables go from the reset switch?

02.11.23 09:54
Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue, have you perhaps found the source of this issue ?
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in