Unknown amplefier Philips VE1315

geschrieben von - posted by Leo Snoeren 
Unknown amplefier Philips VE1315
02.03.08 10:03
Hi,

Yesterday got this amplefier from a friend of my, i've never seen someting like this before. Is is an amplefier from a jukebox, and if so, from witch model?

You can aswer me in German, Dutch or Englisch, my knowlege of the German langwitch is not so good, so i Wroth this in Englisch....

Sincerely,

Leo Snoeren
The Netherlands

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 02.03.08 10:11.

Hildegard (Moderator)
Re: Unknown amplefier Philips VE1315
02.03.08 17:50
Hello Mr. Snoeren,

Philips amplifier had been used by the German jukebox companies Wiegandt and Beromat.
I can't find the VE 1315 in any manual - so I'm not sure if it was used in a jukebox.

Is the black knob which can be seen on the picture "versterker boven" for the volume control?
Can you make a picture from the potentiometer - maybe that gives an idea if it was used by Wiegandt. Wiegandt used a long axle which was connected from the outside through the side of the cabinet with the potentiometer.

Kind regards - Hildegard

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 02.03.08 18:45.
03.03.08 20:55
Hallo Hildegard,

Thank you for youre riply. The black knop is a switch, there are two end stages in this amplefier. One with two times EL81 (one tube missing) and one with a EL84. With the switch it is posseble to switch the speaker connections. One output is 5 Watt, the other is +/- 20 watt. So you can make a choche witch speakerset is connected to witch amplefier.

A volume control is not present at the amplefier, there is a connection block or terminal present (in Holland we call this a "kroonsteen", dont know the correct Englisch or German name. There are only two tone control knop present, see the pictures

03.03.08 21:00
Here a photo from the input:

Hildegard (Moderator)
05.03.08 20:10
Hello Leo,

I guess this amp was not used in a jukebox - maybe in an old record player or it was an auxiliary amplifier or ...
I hope somebody else will know more.

Regards - Hildegard

P.S. The German word for kroonsteen is "Lüsterklemme", the English "terminal strip" or "luster terminal".

08.03.08 14:09
Hello Hildegard,

Thank you for the translation, I will remember this. Sorry to hear you don't know where the amplefier is used for, maybe someone else? Maybe it's a specal product, not made in great numbers.....

Regards, Leo
08.03.08 19:39
Hello,

I only found an amplefier Philips VE 1320 it was used in an Wiegand Tonmaster jukebox. Philips VE 1330 was used in the Wiegand Diplomat A.

regards Tibor

08.03.08 19:51
Hello Leo,

I have the same Amplifier at Home and got it from a man who told me, that it was from a Wiegandt Diplomat - perhaps the later Models B or C in an optional use - but I don`t know it exactly.

regards Norbert
09.03.08 15:06
Hello Tibor and Norbert,

Thank you for youre reply. So perhaps it was a jukebox amplefier and Norbert has the same. Now it's trying to find out, in with jukebox this amplefier belongs. It shout be a German jukebox, pitty i know little about this machines. My hobby is the restauration of old radio's, not jukeboxes. I do have a jukebox, a Seeburg Channel, model 222. This machine is ofcourse completely made in USA.......

Fore now, I've placed the amplefier on the attick, maybe in the future I'll try to restore it.

Regards, Leo
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in