geschrieben von - posted by Iwein 
Tech. Rowe Ami cabinet speakers
01.05.07 14:02
Hi,

i need to know the impedance for the cabinet speakers from a Rowe Ami
JBM or JAN.

I have a JBM with wrong speakers inside the cabinet and a blown output-
transformer.

The original speakers are L-5290, L-2539 and L-3745.

Greetings from Holland,
Iwein
Re: Tech. Rowe Ami cabinet speakers
05.05.07 10:57
Hello Iwein,

unfortunately I have no exact information, which impedance the speakers have. But I think, they should have 8 ohms. In series to each side - speaker is a condenser (32 microfarad, 50 volts NON POLARIZED), in series to the small center speaker is condenser (4.25 microfarad, 25 volts NP) connected.

I think it is best, if you look for original speakers. Many parameters (not only impedance and size) must fit to get a good sound and it is very difficult to find the right replacement.

The blown output - transformer can't be caused by wrong or short-circuited speakers, it is caused by a too high current for a very long time in the power tubes 7868. This could be caused by a missing bias (- 15 volts on pin 2) or a defective tube.

I hope, this will help you

charly49
Re: Tech. Rowe Ami cabinet speakers
08.05.07 14:53
Hi,

i already have a 2 original side-speakers in good condition and i have a 8 ohm 12" from a rowe-ami EX-401 speaker. I also have a R-2620-A amp and we wil use this output transformer to rebuild the original amp. (This amp is in good condition.)

The amp in this JBM was a R-3390-A and R-3389-A pre-amp. I don't believe it's possible to swap the 2620 and 3390 without modifications.

Greetings from Holland,
Iwein
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in