Wurlitzer 750 Heart Cam / tray takeout problem

geschrieben von - posted by adrian_brierley 
Wurlitzer 750 Heart Cam / tray takeout problem
21.09.23 13:47
I have a problem with a W750 mechanism that is driving me mad! The machine came to me because it had jammed up due to 2 record trays being pulled out at one time. After getting the mechanism free again I found that the tray takeout lever was not always in the centre of the tray when the selection was locked in by the star wheel. In some cases it was very close to the tray above or below and this is how the jam had occurred. I thought this would be due to a worn heart shaped cam or the roller inside it, so I changed the roller for a slightly oversize one. This made no difference. I then changed the star wheel, again it made no difference. Finally I changed the heart shaped cam and the arm that carries the roller - again no difference!

I don't know what to do, I can adjust the position of the tray takeout lever so that it "just" works - but it is very close to bringing out 2 trays at certain selections. The lever is always too high for the bottom tray, too low for all the trays in the middle and a bit high (but OK) for the top tray.

Anyone seen this before or know of a solution?

Thanks,

Adrian.
Re: Wurlitzer 750 Heart Cam / tray takeout problem
21.09.23 16:01
Ich will Axel als Wurlitzer Schellack Spezi nicht zu weit vorgreifen aber ich denke das Lager wo die Welle der Herzscheibe drauf läuft ist ausgeschlagen .
22.09.23 20:20
Hello Adrian

In my 28 year experience,
1. the roller, running inside the heart shaped cam ( first picture ) has to be changed to the first or even the second
oversize and
2. the "bearing and link assembly" ( running up and down on the rear of the mech ...... see second picture :
the "bearing and link assembly" can be seen right below the heart shaped cam ) should have a not too much
space to push up the selection rod behind the record trays.

Best wishes from Germany
Axel

25.09.23 14:36
Hi Axel,
Thank you for your reply. I did already change the roller inside the heart cam for an oversized one, it is a very close fit now and I don't think I could put anything bigger in. I also checked for play in "bearing and link assembly" and this is minimal.

A few moments ago - in desperation, I took the pin out of the star wheel and rotated it slightly then just tightened up the 2 screws and tried it again IT WORKS!! I can now get the takeout lever to be dead centre on most trays and only a little bit high or low on the rest. No danger of it taking 2 trays out at once again! I will drill a new hole and pin the star wheel to the cam in this position.

I don't know if the star wheel pin holes were originally drilled and set in production, and may therefore be slightly different on every cam? The fact that the 2 screw holes are oversized suggest there was some final adjustment in production.

Thanks again for your help!
Adrian.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in