rockola 437 readout problems

geschrieben von - posted by jewetttx 
rockola 437 readout problems
12.04.22 16:50
been all over the place with this machine. so close, but yet so far in getting it to work. everything is working some what at this point except there is a problem with the readout now. i can push any button on the selector and it will play that song. a and b sides both. the problem is the pin on the assembly wont reset itself on the read out side thus causing what ever record i select to repeat itself after it returns the record to the basket reloading itself to play again finding that pin again that hadnt retracted. i have taken the read out arm off numerous times and cleaned wipers and bands and replaced the small contacts. im thinking maybe the coils because i never see them engage when the record is being placed on the turn table and i think this is the point when the pin is suppose to reset itself.(do i need to remove solder and disconnect these two coils from each other to check with a meter?) the other thing i notice that might be the culprit is the cam position on the micro switch while in the stand by position. my manual shows the # 2 micro switch to be in the cam groove with it barely touching the rt side of the cam and not fully dropped to the lowest part of the groove. when i adjust the cam to match this picture i start having problems with the gripper arm freezing up and the turn table turning slowly and nothing working, but when i move the micro switch arm to the complete opposite of the picture (the left side) still in the groove barely touching the cam, but not dropped to the lowest part everything will work again as far as any selections selected except again the readout pin stays out. been trying to follow schematic trying to trace down a fault but no luck yet.
Re: rockola 437 readout problems
13.04.22 15:01
Hello jewetttx,
no need to desolder the coils for measuring. You should read around 50Ohms between the two connected red wires and each black wire.
The cam adjustment in the manual refers to Micro #1, not #2. The reset coils are turned on just before the record is placed on the turntable cntrolled by a contact of Micro#2. Possible failures are Micro#2, A/B switch, connectors and wiring to the selector and the control box, interlock trip contact (in the control box) and the wiper contacts to the coils.
The coils are turned off after the tonearm moved down on the record and the gripper motor stops. In this position, a contact of Micro#3 turns on the interlock release coil, as a result, the trip contact opens the ground connection to the coils.
Rgds Jürgen
Re: rockola 437 readout problems
15.04.22 18:43
thank you sir for that info....ill try and track those possible downs.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in