Wurlitzer 1100

geschrieben von - posted by Bo Korposoff 
Wurlitzer 1100
06.04.06 07:23
I have a problem with my Wurlitzer 1100. When I select a record everything works perfect until it’s time to raise the record turntable plate. Unfortunately the jukebox mechanism rise the turntable perhaps 1 – 2 cm lower than normal. The next problem is that the turn table doesn’t rotate.

Perhaps somebody could help me with what to do. I suppose it’s just to adjust the jukebox?

Regards

Bo Korposoff

Sweden, Stockholm

-------------------------
Bo Korposoff

Stockholm / Sweden
Re: Wurlitzer 1100
07.04.06 11:49
Hello Bo
In my opinion you have a problem with the clutch inside the mechanism.

If the motor starts running, it drives the selection process until the turntable runs high. Normally, if the clutch is adjusted correct, the clutch opens when the turntable reached the highest point.
After the clutch opened, only the turntable is driven by the motor.
When record is at its end, the microswitch closes a 6V circuit, the two small magnets get the 6V, a lever is moved by the magnets and this lets close the clutch again.
After this happened the motor finishes the selection cycle, the turntable goes down and the record swings back in the record stack again.

So your problem is that the clutch opens to early, before the turntable reached the highest point.
This can be adjusted, but it is not easy to describe that.
Please have a look in your W 1100 manual (hope you have one.....otherwise you should have one.....) and see the adjusting of the turntable hight.

Best wishes from Germany
Axel

07.04.06 12:15
Hi,

Thank you for the information!

I shall study my W1100 manual and see if I can do the adjustment by myself. The W1100 is not an easy jukebox to support because the rather complicate mechanism.

Best regards

Bo

-------------------------
Bo Korposoff

Stockholm / Sweden
07.04.06 12:54
Hello Bo
Don`t worry, it`s not to complicated.
If you have understand the way of operation of the clutch it is a 10 minutes work to adjust it correct.
In my opinion there is a good description with pictures in the manual.

Best wishes Axel
17.04.06 10:08
Hi, Bo,
you can adjust the turntable height with an excentric bold, sometimes there are two.
Be sure that the clutch disconnects the mechanism when the turntable lift roller is at the end of the
turntable lift-cam. (See Manual)
But the real problem is mostly that the turntable lift-roller is bent.
It must be excactly in 90 degrees with the lift-arm.
Thru the years it bents.
And, yes, you can bent it back, very, very, very carefull, its made of zamac.

Best regards,
Jo van Dongen
[www.jukeboxgallery.com]
[members.home.nl]
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in