Rockola 1454 selection

geschrieben von - posted by smt02 
Rockola 1454 selection
18.04.16 09:58
My Rockola is now working but one minor issue happens from time to time, the juke is on free play and has plenty of credit, but on occasion the jukebox does not select, as if it's not credited.
I can fix this by sometimes just rotating the selection drum but this isn't 100% successfully.
The other way which appears to work is to move the switch into loading mode and re set the switch in the control box, this makes the gripper pick a record out( when the switch is returned to play mode) the selections then work normally
It's a strange one I know
Thanks in advance for you help and many thanks for the responses in the past I don't know what I would have done without everyone's input.
Re: Rockola 1454 selection
18.04.16 21:57
RO 1448 situation ( basisally the same as 1454 ) : on the pushbutton side of the selection drum is a cam with a single set of contact blades.
The function is to prevent making a selection while rotating the drum .
When there is not enough clearance between the contact blades or when the drum slips through you wont be able to make a selection .
19.04.16 04:54
Hi thanks
Do you know the name of this switch
Regards
Andy
19.04.16 09:42
program cutout switch 19009 , see pic

in resting position ( able to make a selection ) : first contact (closest to the cam) is open , second is closed , see pic
Rotating ( not able to make a selection) : first is closed and the second is open , see pic

19.04.16 10:12
Loosening the screws leaves you room for adjustment

ps , switch off the juke otherwise the amount of time you have to work on it depends on the amount of spare fuses you have LOL

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 19.04.16 10:20.

19.04.16 11:33
Hi

Thanks very much for your help, will have a go at weekend
😀
19.04.16 14:09
Just one more question, sometimes the carousel stops momentarily when turning then starts again could this be linked to the switch you were talking about
19.04.16 21:58
Record drum/carousel : no
Selector drum/carousel : yes ( thats the second contact)

Sequence : you press the selector pushbutton , this activates the relay on the right side of the motor which activated the motor, if you release the pushbutton the motor would stop in the middle of the movement which you dont want and that where the second contact takes over for it closes shortly after the selector starts moving ( making the same connection as the pushbutton) and the selector keeps turning till it reaches the next dent in the cam ( the second contact will break the contact at this point and the motor stops

You can test this by manually moving the selector clockwise : it should start moving till the next dent ( 1/3 turn )
19.04.16 22:11
21.04.16 19:22
IP gespeichert
Hi thanks very much for your help, re adjusted the switch cleaned the contacts which appeared to be a little dirty
All appears well now, also the carousel stopping was the 2 micro switches on the left of the gripper,
All working really well now
Again many thanks for you help
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in