Restoring Bal-Ami I200M‏

geschrieben von - posted by savicacc 
Restoring Bal-Ami I200M‏
19.10.15 11:53
My father in-law has just brought me a Bal-Ami I200M and I got no idea where to begin for restoring this wonderful machine, all we know is the speaker is missing but we don't know if there's more pieces missing. where should we begin ?

A member from another forum told me the original speaker for this jukebox is Goodman's, how much does it cost approximetaly to buy this speaker ?

I will upload a video later on this week and try to capture the jukebox inside out

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 19.10.15 12:01.
Re: Restoring Bal-Ami I200M‏
20.10.15 07:20
First thing: organize a manual! Availabe here in the shop or on one of the shows. Then take out the aggregates like amplifier, the complete machine inside is possible to move out and deinstall to clean and put everything back again. Make detailed photographs of the single elements in complete condition and save them for later, if you search for the purpose of certain elements . Take little boxes or sackets for the screws and parts to not loose or miss them later. If something like the loudspeaker is missing, you may then search for it, or install a new one with same specifications. After cleaning , put the parts together again. If necessary, some rechroming has to be done and so on. But if you don´t have the experience, maybe its better to give it to someone aho knows about the issues and will restore it for you. Especially the leads in old AMIs have to be swapped, because the will break and initiate shorts...
Markus
21.10.15 10:12
Hello savicacc,

Welcome to the forum.

If you have not been on the following site I suggest that you do so, there is a concise history of the Bal Ami's, information and a list of all the known serial numbers of these machines listed and where they are now. There is even a feature on a I200M restoration project.

www.bal-ami.com

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
18.12.15 11:57
Hi again,

Is there someone here who is able to rebuild a beam echo amp? preferably somewhere in Europe

Regards,
Saviour Cacciattolo
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in