NSM Prestige 120Bb

geschrieben von - posted by scadden 
NSM Prestige 120Bb
18.01.06 02:50
Hi

I live in New Zealand and only understand english, but this is the only forum I can find on these jukeboxes. I have recently bought the jukebox and the problem is when I select a song the carriage moves to the correct 45 slot but does not attempt to pickup the 45. It then returns to the starting position.
Any ideas on what may be the problem..

Regards
David Scadden
Re: NSM Prestige 120Bb
01.02.06 12:01
Hello David,

This error was already discussed in this forum. Unfortunately in German language.
[www.jukebox-world.de]

A very common error in old electronic applications is a misfunction of electrolythic caps. These caps tend to dry out after decades. The effect is that they loose their capacity.

Maybe this is the error source of your juke box, too.
Do you have some basic skills in electronics, and especially in soldering?

In the control center (it is also marked as "Steuerzentrale") LPIII you should check the following voltages:
1) voltage between the pins of cap C7
2) voltage between the pins of cap C8

In both cases the voltage across each cap should be somewhere around 130V.
Example: In my box both caps were completely dried out and I got only around 14V across the caps. As a result my jukebox behaved in exactly the same way as your juke box does right now.

So if you should find out that these caps are damaged then you have to buy of course new ones of 16uF, 450/500V and then replace them. Please respect the polarity of the caps, otherwise you will blow them.

By the way, I didn't succeed to get the right caps for my box. All I could find was caps that could withstand 350V. So I used the following combination for each cap (C7, C8) instead:
I put 2 new caps of 33uF/350V in series.
Here is a brief explication, just in case if your electronic skill are fair: to do this I connected the "+"-pin of one cap with the "-" pin of the 2nd cap, and used the remaining two pins ("-" pin of the 1st cap and "+" pin of the 2nd cap) to replace C7.
The resulting cap of this combination is a 16.5uF/700V cap. This works very good.

Finally you should replace the cap C4 (8 uF, 350V) as well. You may also use a 10uF 350V or a similar value instead.

Please let me know whether this is the error source of your juke box. Other possible sources have also been discussed within this forum but I am not (yet) experienced in them.

Good luck, greetings,

Shafla

In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in