Gleichlaufprobleme mit Rowe/AMI CMM-4

geschrieben von - posted by mchould 
Gleichlaufprobleme mit Rowe/AMI CMM-4
20.01.14 22:33
Hallo liebe Forums-Mitglieder!

Ich bin schon seit längerer Zeit an der Reparatur einer AMI CMM-4 Musikbox dran. Bisher hatte ich aber noch keine Lösung für folgendes Problem finden können:
Selbst nach der Revision des Plattentellerantriebs (Anzugfeder und Gummirad wurden ersetzt, ebenfalls tauschte ich die drei Gumminoppen der Motorauflage aus) stelle ich immer noch Gleichlauffehler fest. Es scheint meistens so, dass das Gerät zu Beginn im kalten Zustand mit der einigermassen korrekten Geschwindigkeit losläuft, dann aber mit zunehmender Betriebstemperatur immer langsamer wird.
Das Problem ist, dass der Antriebsmotor sehr, sehr heiss wird und die neuen Gumminoppen bei der Hitze zu geschmeidig werden. Das führt unweigerlich zu einer ungewollten Absenkung des gesamten Motors. Da die Antriebswelle konisch ist, verändert sich dadurch natürlich auch die Antriebsgeschwindigkeit und irgendwann reicht dann der Antriebsdruck der Spannfeder nicht mehr, damit das Gummirad am innern des Plattentellers genügend Grip hat. Dann beginnt der Plattenspieler auch noch mit "Eiern".

Kann mir allenfalls jemand sagen, warum der Motor so heiss wird? Hatte allenfalls jemand schon einen ähnlichen Fehler?

Vielen Dank und beste Grüsse aus der Schweiz smiling smiley

Dan McHould
Re: Gleichlaufprobleme mit Rowe/AMI CMM-4
21.01.14 08:29
Hallo Dan

Die Motoren werden bei uns etwas wärmer als in den USA, weil wir eine kleinere Netzfrequenz haben. Der Motor darf aber nicht so heiß werden, daß man ihn nicht mehr angreifen kann, ohne sich die Finger zu verbrennen. In Deinem Fall würde ich vermuten, daß der Motor einen Windungsschluß hat und ersetzt oder neu gewickelt werden muß.

Viele Grüße - charly49
21.01.14 09:42
Hallo Dan!
Versuche doch einmal einen Vorwiderstand in den Antriebsmotor einzubauen.
Wurlitzer baute bei Exportmodellen einen Widerstand von 75 Ohm 10 Watt ein.
mfg Willi!
21.01.14 11:11
Hello Dan,

You say that the turntable motor shaft is tapered, this is not correct the shaft is parallel with two steps on the top of the shaft that the two speed springs can be fitted (33.3 rpm & 45 rpm) speed spings are required for the use of 60 htz designed motors in Europe.
Have you stripped down the motor to inspect the bearings and shaft for wear? Remove any gunk from the bottom bearing and test again.
Have a word with Hildegard, they stock the speed springs, idler wheels and may stock the bronze bearings (these have to riveted in place after drilling out the old rivets). If the shaft is worn on the top or bottom bearing you will have to locate a replacement motor.

If you can not locate one in your country by all means contact me I still have some good used motors in stock.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
22.02.14 14:56
Hi All

Thanks for your fast response and sorry for my not so fast answer smiling smiley
@ Alan: You are right, I double checked it and it is not tapered. And I also haven't striped down the complete motor to check all the bearings and the shaft... The only things I did until now was to exchange all the three rubbers, where the motor seats. And also replaced the drive pulley and the spring, which pulls the drive pulley between shaft and the turntable platter. Fact is, that the motor is getting really hot, and then the rubbers became too flexible.
I will try first to strip down the motor and check all the bearings and the shaft. If this seems to be OK I will then try charly49's suggestion by checking if the windings of the motor are OK.

Regards

Dan
30.05.14 16:51
Hi Alan

I suddenly had today the time to take a look at this.
I did a revision of the motor by replacing the bearings
as suggested. After reassembling everything seemed to run fine
today the hole afternoon there wasn't any problem to hear with
the speed. The unit was running fine until now:
Unfortunately it stopped while it was playing a disc and now the
turntable is not running at all anymore sad smiley.
I'm actually not in the front of the unit anymore, because it is at
a friends place, but i let him to check if there are maybe
some cables, which are not well mounted but it seems that
everything is correct.
So I will then have to check the power to the Motor and
If this is all right, I may have to replace the motor by another one.
Or do you have another idea, why the motor is not running anymore
at all, if it is not a fuse or the motor itself?

Thanks and best regards

Daniel
30.05.14 16:55
@Alan again: Can I contact you to get maybe a used replacement motor?
Do you have one in stock? Thanks, Br Dan
02.06.14 14:18
Hello Dan,

By all means contact me I can supply you with a good used turntable motor that has been stripped, checked and reassembled.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
alan-hood@datex.co.uk
03.06.14 20:09
Hello Alan

Thanks a lot! I will check again next weekend if it is really the motor and if so i will come back to you.

Regards

Daniel
03.06.14 20:15
Hello Alan

Again me: I wrote you also a private message...

Thanks and regards
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in