Wurlitzer 1015 color cylinder question

geschrieben von - posted by tubesglow 
Wurlitzer 1015 color cylinder question
12.01.14 14:19
Hello,
Does anybody know how many small ball bearings are supposed to be in the round "track" of the color cylinder support shaft.
Figure 27 (page 28) in the manual shows part number 44135 (Drive gear and pin assembly). It fits over the steel shaft and is supported by some loose ball bearings.
When I disassembled both the left and right units to clean and re-lube. I discovered one side has 13 bearings and the other has 9.
The one with 9 has a lot more slop and wear in the shaft, I will probably have to re-bush them.
How many bearings were in there originally ?

Thanks to all...
Tony
Re: Wurlitzer 1015 color cylinder question
12.01.14 22:25
Hello Tony

I observed different numbers of balls bearings in these units, too. I think some ball bearings were lost during the long time of use the W 1015 (the W 800 has the same "problem"....).
I always clean the units and fill up the units with as many ball bearings (I only use new ball bearings / 100 pieces are 3 € here in my hometown) that can fit in the unit.
This way the color cylinders move smouth and synchron for a long time.

Best wishes Axel

Re: Wurlitzer 1015 color cylinder question
13.01.14 14:03
Hi Axel,
Thanks for the quick response ! You wouldn't happen to know the size of the bearings off hand would you?
I could take a few of them to the local supplier, to have them measure them, and see if they have them in stock.
Either way, I guess I have to come up with some more loose ball bearings.
Thanks again...
Tony
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in