AMI turn table set up.

geschrieben von - posted by Thenewguy13 
AMI turn table set up.
08.11.13 01:01
Hello,
I am in need of some serious help. I recently received a 1959 JEJ-200 AMI Juke box. I am slowly getting it running again. I have just finished cleaning all of the contacts on everything! and now we are running fairly smooth. I how ever have run into a problem. The turntable plate was lifted off when I received the machine. When I try and put it back together I can not get the table to spin. The motor is running and will spin the rubber wheel as well. I have noticed that there is also some kind of tension arm on the side that maybe missing a piece. I have searched high and low for a diagram or a picture of what it should look like with the table lifted off, but can not find one to save my life. ( I feel like this is the best kept secret in the world ) I have tried millions of combinations to get this bad boy to spin, with no success. Can anyone point be in the right direction?? I consider myself a pretty good problem solver and mechanically inclined. ( i have gotten this far on just the manual only ) I have attached a photo. It shows everything that I have underneath the table. ( how I received it ) Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!! If you need any more info please just let me know. Thank You!!

Houstin
Fitchburg, WI USA

Re: AMI turn table set up.
08.11.13 05:28
Hello

Look at the spring !!!

08.11.13 08:56
Hello Houstin

I think that's no secret. First you have to mount the spring to the eye at the rear edge of the plate, as seen on timroy's photo. Of course, the idler wheel (your photo shows it with the bottom up) is to put at the pin of the lever arm. Thereby, the idler wheel should touch the motor shaft. The wheel is fixed with a retaining ring. Possibly the retaining ring is missing, it can not be seen on your photo. It is the same as the other two on the lever arm.

If you put on the turntable, the edge should rest on the rubber part of the idler wheel. It is necessary to push the idler wheel with the hand under the turntable so that it runs on the inside. It sometimes happens that the idler wheel can not reach the edge of the turntable. The reason is that the rubber grommet (the rubber part under the large washer on the motor mount) is too large, and the lever runs on it. If that's the case for you, you can cut a piece of it with a sharp knife.

Best regards - charly49
08.11.13 13:49
HA!

I can't belive that I didn't think to put the wheel on the lever arm. ( had been placing it on the motor shaft ) I can't thank you both enough. Thank you!!!

This is my first Jukebox project, I started it in July, and so far the time I have spent working on it and searching the internet I now understand how people begin to love them so much.

In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in