Wurlitzer Fuego

geschrieben von - posted by seancalla 
Wurlitzer Fuego
12.09.13 20:32
Hi
This is a jukebox the type with the electronic selection control pcb, it will select a few records ok but every fourth record selected, the carriage will stop at the incorrect location, anyone know what could be wrong, it could stop seven record or more spaces before the intended selection , and it seems to do this every fourth record selection
regards
seancalla
Re: Wurlitzer Fuego
13.09.13 17:33
Hi!

Depending on the type of SCC - Have you checked the configuration of the computer? Is it jumpered to the right number of selections?

The old SCCs had to be configured to 100, 160 or 200 selections by plugging in a wire between the two pins labeled "100" or "160". With no such wire in place, the machine will assume your jukebox has 200 songs to offer...

C U
Catboy (Kai)
13.09.13 23:43
thnaks, i will give that a try
regards
seancalla
21.09.13 13:16
Hi
Yes the selection unit is jumpered to the correct number of selections, the whole thing is random, sometimes it will select a number of records correctly, other times it will stop at a record slot after the intended selection , on occasions it will stop 3 to 5 record slots after the intended selections, so in summary after every few records selections it is stopping at one record slot after the intended selection and every so often it will stop 4 places beyond the intended selection, i thought that the front flouresent light might be interfering with the light gate assembley so i removed it but it is not affecting it
regards
seancalla
21.09.13 16:54
Hallo!

So it always stops AFTER the selected record? And there's no real "pattern" in this behaviour?

Now this sounds like a problem with either the light gates, the latch lever or the maybe the motor switch...

Try the following next:

1.) Do the light gates operate normally and reliably?
Operate the latch lever by hand and see if the LEDs "Z" and "K" are blinking as they should.

2.) Check if the pulses indicated by the LEDs always have the right timing. They should appear when a record is just passing the gripper arm (when the lever would latch centered). Maybe the light gates are misaligned and all pulses are slightly delayed...

3.) Make sure the latch is moving freely (no binding) and correctly pushes the switch when latched.

I hope this helps.

C U
Catboy (Kai)
22.09.13 14:46
Hi
Yes the z and k led's are operating correctly and pulse timing seems ok, i think maybe the latch may be the cause of it, i oiled it and bent the end of it very slighty, so far i have checked the machine about 6 times choosing 7 records and they all select ok, will be more confident about after another series of tests,
regards
seancalla
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in