any idea what kind of jukebox this might be ?

geschrieben von - posted by 24AB2 
any idea what kind of jukebox this might be ?
15.04.13 20:49
the other day a friend had a question , I wasn't able to answer it
the question :

When I was a kid, maybe 10 years old (about 1952), my Dad had a used jukebox in our basement, along with a pool table, etc. I remember I had to drop a nickel in the particular slot to make the selection, there were no pushbuttons. I remember it played 78 RPM records, but that is about all I recall, don't even remember how many the juke held. What type of jukebox would that have been? It was not wooden, it did have colored lights, but that's about all I can remember.

anyone an idea what type this one might be ?

Re: any idea what kind of jukebox this might be ?
16.04.13 08:17
Hello 24AB2

I think it might have been one of the first AMIs (1927 - 1938). (see here [www.jukebox-world.de] ) The selection system with its own coin slot for each song was already used in the previously produced coin-operated player pianos ("Nickelodeon"). I can not remember to have seen this selection system in other jukeboxes.

Best regards - charly49
Re: any idea what kind of jukebox this might be ?
16.04.13 10:12
Hello 24AB2,

You say there were no pushbuttons was there a rotary dial to select the records?

Being as you say it was not wooden and had coloured lights I would suggest a early to late 1940's jukebox, with regards to the records it could have been a 20 or 24 selection jukebox, I would have a look in the archieve section as charly49 suggests but I would look for a Rock Ola jukebox.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in