Help for Rockola 1493 Princess

geschrieben von - posted by morganrue 
Help for Rockola 1493 Princess
10.11.12 11:38
Hallo Jukeboxfreunde!

Can you possibly help me solve a problem? I appreciate your help in English!

The original fault- when changing records, the mech would stop with the record gripper part-way to the carousel. This fault was traced to the three black microswitches behind the platten, which were activated by three cams- one of the switches was not closing as the cam rotated. Jiggling the switch made the mechanism move again.

Adjusting the microswitch correctly was IMPOSSIBLE because the small adjusting screw in the microswitch actuating lever was broken.

I removed the lever, solderd a new nut onto it and made a new adjuster using a tiny screw.

The resulting fault is now:...

when I make a selection, NOTHING moves in the mechanism except the platten. No movement from the read-in arm, nothing!

I am completely confused and blocked. Anyone have any ideas?

best regards

Morgan in Luxembourg

Re: Help for Rockola 1493 Princess
10.11.12 18:29
Hello Morgan

I hope you've already checked if all the plugs on the control box are plugged in well and that the fuses are OK.

As the first you should check if the motors are mechanically blocked. For this purpose a piece of the motor shaft extends from the motor. The motor shafts of both motors (magazine and gripper) must be easily rotatable by hand.

When the motors are freely rotatable, there is an electrical fault. My first thought is of the micro-switch # 1. This switch switches over between gripper motor and magazine motor. Maybe he makes in one position (pressed or released) a weak connection. You should measure it with an ohmmeter. The resistance should be in both positions less than 1 ohm.

Best regards - charly49
Re: Help for Rockola 1493 Princess
10.11.12 20:28
Hi Charly49- I remember you from previous help, and the superb English!

Yes I checked all the "usual suspects" for connections, and also can confirm that both motors turn freely on the knurled shafts.

I will check microswitch #01 tomorrow, for conductance....

Many thanks for taking the tme to reply

Morgan
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in