Continental 2 record removal

geschrieben von - posted by tubesglow 
Continental 2 record removal
29.10.12 15:12
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the advice on the transportation of this machine. I have a few more questions. I have managed to remove most of the records by taking off the belt and metal holders that retain the records, by slipping them out the sides and top. There are still a few at the bottom and sides that I can't get out because the carousel will not turn.
All of the wiring is rotten, and there is no way I'm going to plug it in. Anyway, Is it possible to just plug in the carousel motor alone to get it to spin (or are there other things that will prevent this from working.)
I don't have a manual yet, do I have to slide the pin bank casting back ? I can't get at the bolt that holds the drum on the shaft.
Also, what is the correct colour RAL number for the mechanism cover (red, orange ?) this one is completely faded white.

Thanks to all...
Tony

Re: Continental 2 record removal
29.10.12 17:03
Hello Tony

In this machines usually only the 117 volt wiring is rotted. The wiring for low voltage is mostly all right. I think you you can connect the Jukebox to the mains power, if you previously remove all the 117 Volt plugs (with th rotten cables) on the Junktionbox. Amplifier, selection system, turntable motor and transfer (gripper) motor will not work, but the magazine motor should run, if you switch the service switch (next to the turntable) to SCAN. Before you do that, you should re-assemble the belt to avoid the destruction of the records.

All the 117 volt cable should be replaced. Similarly, a three-conductor power cable should be installed and the ground conductor should be connected to all metal parts that can be touched on the outside.

I strongly recommend buying a service manual, you'll need it again and again. You can get a copy here in the shop [ssl.kundenserver.de]

Best regards - charly49
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in