Transporting Continental 2

geschrieben von - posted by tubesglow 
Transporting Continental 2
22.10.12 01:04
Hello,
I am going to pickup a AMI Continental 2.
I plan on laying it on it's back for the trip. Is there anything special I need to know about securing the various parts.
Does the mechanism bolt down the same way the mid fifties wurlitzers do ?
Does the "radar" unit have to be removed to prevent breaking the supporting casting or the glass ?
Will the 2 "rails" on the back of the machine support the weight of the unit ? Or the "doors" for that matter.
Does the "dome" have to be removed or just secured some how ?
I will secure the tone arm.
Are the amplifiers bolted down ?
I've never seen the machine, so I don't know what to expect.

Thanks to all...
Tubesglow
Re: Transporting Continental 2
22.10.12 08:12
Hello tubesglow

Transporting a Conti requires the same actions as the transport of all other jukeboxes. The mechanism needs to be bolted down. The turntable must be removed, as well as the records, if any are in there. The tonearm can be taped to the needle brush. You should check whether all the parts (transformers, amplifiers, credit unit, etc.) are tightened. The glass dome must be locked with the lever. So it is ready to be transported lying on the back.

The laying down should be done slowly and carefully as possible, to avoid excessive forces on the support of the radar. If it lies on the rails, there is only a small gap from the radar to the lying surface. In the gap should be pushed a blanket or the like, in order to avoid that the radar screen hits the lying surface when driving.

The rails have a relatively small distance, so it is possible that the jukebox rolls away sideways when you drive a tight curve. You must therefore secure it with belts or wedging with cardboard boxes or similar.

Best regards - charly49

Re: Transporting Continental 2
22.10.12 13:50
Hello tubesglow,

charly49 has given you good advice, I would say that you need to be careful of the neck that holds the title section, lift it from the sides rather than on the top secton to avoid damage to the neck.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in