NSM HIT 120A does not take records

geschrieben von - posted by claude 
NSM HIT 120A does not take records
17.07.12 11:54
Hello jukebox experts !
I have an isue with my NSM HIT 120A. It was perfectly working after a carriage restoration. Yesterday I started it on again, and after a record select, it just made a scan and returned in docking position as if no memory was recorded. I don't know if the write-in or read-out system is faulty. Is there a way to switch all memory magnets to YES state in order to narrow the search ?
Any other idea please ?
Some pictures attached.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Claude

Re: NSM HIT 120A does not take records
18.07.12 13:32
Hello Claude

You can use the battery trick - similar to Seeburg Tormat devices - to switch all magnetic cores into the selected state. For this you disconnect the pulse cable from the Control Center. Then you connect a 1.5 volt - battery (D cell - a smaller battery will probably not work) for a short time with the pulse line. Unfortunately, I do not know the polarity. So you have to try one after the other. In one direction, the magnetic cores are switched to "selected", in the other direction to "not selected".

After that you connect again the pulse cable to the Control Center and make a selection. You should see all records to be played in sequence.

Best regards - charly49
19.07.12 07:14
Charly,
Thanks for the trick, exactly what I want to do. Trouble is I don't know where is the pulse cable, there is no such connection to the control center, only two cables going inside as seen in first picture.
Shall I try the smaller cable ended with the black connector ?
Best Regards,
Claude

20.07.12 08:46
In fact, after a closer examination of the memory bank, I noticed a small motor at the back of it, on the right side, I don't know what is its function and how to test it. I suspect I don't have a tormat but another type of memory system. It looks like all pins are recessed and nothing can be detected by the contacts on the carriage. Maybe when a record selection is done, one or several pins stick out from the bank to be detected ?
Does anybody have some documentation of such a system or know how to troubleshoot it ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

20.07.12 23:57
Hello Claude

I think you have a SERENADE HIT 130 (or 130D), not a HIT 120A. [www.jukebox-world.de] . This model has an electromechanical selection system.

A service manual is available here in the shop [ssl.kundenserver.de]

Best regards - charly49
21.07.12 11:46
Hi Cherly,
Here are some pictures :

21.07.12 15:08
Hello!
Why you dont make a Picture from the Mechanic? The Papers are from the Case not from Mechanic.
I think you have a Jukebox with mixed Parts inside. If you look in the Archiv by
your Type than you can see the Different between the Mechanik.
mfg Willi!
24.07.12 09:06
Hi all,
My concern is now the memory system which is an electromechanic type, ie with movable pins.This system is the same as on the Prestige 160 BII and Consul 120 AII for which I have the manual thanks to the help of a member of the forum.

Extract :

The positioning motor moves the 12 selection solenoids behind the selection pins, back and forth and at the same time moves the wiper contacts over the printed circuit plate. Each number group has two selection solenoids. One for the letters A to K, one for the letters L to V
One side of the solenoids are connected together, the other side goes to the corresponding letter key.
When the wiper contact touches the selected position contact, the position relay is energised.

The positioning relay ST is locked in over, contact 3 and 4 switch the positioning motor from AC to DC. This DC is used to brake the motor and is caused by discharging capacitor C2.
The selection motor turns the contact cam and contact N3 will close first. When contact N4 closes, the substract solenoid is energized. The movement of the substract solenoid cuses the carry over switch and the write-in trigger switch to close. When the write-in trigger switchis closed, the actual pre selection is concluded. Now contact N1 closes, completing the circuit to the single relay SR.

The selection pulse from trigger switch EK is shaped over network R6-C5-R7 and is limited to 20 ms, the sent to the baseof transistprT1. The transistor will drive the selected selection solenoid. The selection solenoid will enerigise and push selected pin in the selected position. The pin will stick out far enough (1mm) to be detected.
The turning of the selection motor closes the scan switch. This starts the carriage motor and the carriage will scan. The search contacts glide over the selection pins. Not selected pins will be recessed and no contact will be made. Selected pins will stick out far enough to be touched by the search contacts. Resistors R35 is now grounded over the search contact, thus the anode gate of the silicon controlled switch, SCS will receive a negative pulse. The spring tension of the search contacts will push the selection pin back to neutral position.

Now, my problem is the following : when a selection is made, I should be able to see the selected pin sticking out far enough to be noticed with a finger. This does not happen, all pins stay in neutral position, and that is why the the carriage makes a left-right scan without stopping at the selected record.
Knowing that the selection solenoids that push the pins out are activated by the transistor T1 on LPIII, I would like to test this transitor, but I don't know how.
Any idea ?
Thanks for your valuable help.
Cheers,
Claude
26.07.12 07:37
I have a double issue :

- taken separately, T1 is working and triggers the selection solenoid. Now, it does not receive any signal from the write-in trigger switch and the restart locking relay. So I will have to trace the +30V coming from there and above in the circuit.

- on the other hand, when seach contact on carriage is grounded as if a selection pin was detected, the SCS on LPI does not activate the trip relay, so the SCS may be faulty.
Is there a way to test it ?

Thank you,
Claude
07.08.12 10:25
OK guys, I have now to replace the SCS, reference BRY20. On the internet I did not find any for sale so I have to find an equivalent, or a combination of transistors to re-create this component.
Any ideas ?
Thanks,
Claude
23.10.23 11:42
I hope you got this sorted.
I have found your operation description very informative.
Thank you
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in