AMI LYRIC AMPLIFIER

geschrieben von - posted by Back To The Vinyl 
AMI LYRIC AMPLIFIER
12.03.12 23:17
Hello everybody, I am a new member on this website.
I live in France and I am sorry I don't speak Deutch...but I hope to find help in French or English
I am looking for informations about the amplifier for my AMI LYRIC 1.
It's a Monoral Amplifier => ( Basic Amplifier R-2017B + Add-on Control L-2156B ).
In fact I need the diagram about this amplifier because I would like to recap it and I would like to know how to connect the 2 original speakers of the jukebox in this amplifier.
I will wait your answers.
Thank you & Have a good day !
BTTV cool smiley
Re: AMI LYRIC AMPLIFIER
13.03.12 07:41
Hello BTTV

The schematic for the amplifier is available here in the shop [ssl.kundenserver.de]

You can also get a servicemanual for your Lyric with a lot of important information. [ssl.kundenserver.de] .

I hope this will help you.

Best regards - charly49
14.03.12 19:02
Hello Charly49 and thank your for your answer.
I found some FREE diagrams on website like : [www.verntisdale.com]
On this page [www.jukebox-world.de] it's write :
Speaker Connection:
The basic amplifier of models K, Conti 1, Conti 2 and Lyric 1 and 2 are about the same. The mono version has a pre-amplifier instead of a second outstage.
=> (It’s WRONG amplifier R-2017 is different of R-2777)
Terminals E1 - E6 are for speaker connection
If no extra speaker will be hooked up the speaker wire need to be connected to E2 and E5.
=> (It’s WRONG because on the amplifier picture (R-2017) on the same page speakers are connect to C1/C2)
=> (I think Black on C1 and Red on C2 but I am not sure, that why I need diagrams)
The Black-White wire should be ground and goes to E4.
=> (Yes it’s RIGHT)
The Orange and Red wire are for connecting the mute relay. The terminals should be A1 and A2.
=> (It’s WRONG there is no A1, A2 on the basic amplifier R-2017)
=> (MUTE are connected to C3/C4)
Terminals B1 - B3 are for volume control (B1 = ground, B2 = wiper, B3 = hot end)
=> (Yes it’s RIGHT)
For the service manual LYRIC, I will see if I will buy it because I don’t need all of it just Sound System Service Manual & Sound System Parts Catalog.
I hope to find FREE informations on the web or to an other member.
Thank you & Have a good day !
BTTV cool smiley
15.03.12 00:40
Hello BTTV

You're partially right. There are two versions of the basic amplifier, the R-2017 and the R-2777.

The R-2017 was included as standard in the K, Continental and Lyric. These models have installed only a mono speaker group. There are therefore only two speaker cables. These are connected to C1 + C2, and the required power is selected by a rotary switch.

The R-2777 was installed as standard in the Continental 2 and Lyric 2. These models have installed three speaker groups (left channel, right channel and center). There are therefore six speaker cables. These cables are connected to terminals E1 to E6 (on the basic - amplifier and the addon - amplifier). Which terminals are used depends on the required power. There is no rotary switch for the speaker power. On R-2777 amplifiers are the connections E1 and E6 to use only for 70 volt CV speakers.The R-2017 does not have a CV output, but a high-impedance output for speakers (500 ohms) on terminal 6. There is (or should be) a sticker on the output transformer for the various connection options for low impedance speakers.

The terminals C3/C4 on the R-2017 correspond to terminals A1/A2 on the R-2777.

Apart from the above differences, both amplifiers are identical and interchangeable.

Best regards - charly49
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in