ROWE/ AMI RI-2 Canterbury 1977

geschrieben von - posted by andidude68 
ROWE/ AMI RI-2 Canterbury 1977
29.02.12 16:51
Hallo zusammen
Ich bin im Besitz einer RI-2 Canterbury. Nach dem Transport in unsere neue Bleibe kann ich die Jukebox einschalten, aber das Teil, wo die 60 Singles (Fächer?! gibt sicher eine Fachbezeichnung...) drin stecken, ist blockiert und dreht sich nicht mehr automatisch. Hat jemand einen Tipp oder hat jemand Interesse nach Zürich zu kommen, um den Fehler zu beheben? Danke & Gruss, Andi
Re: ROWE/ AMI RI-2 Canterbury 1977
01.03.12 13:21
Hello Andi,

Did you lock down the mechanism/carousel for transportation with the two central bolts and the bolt on the back of the cabinet? If you did have you released these tie down bolts so that the mechanism is free on its springs and rubber mounts.

If you did not tie the mechanism down has there been any damage in transportation, the belt that holds the records and stops them falling out of the bottom of the mechanism thereby locking the mechanism when it starts to scan.

Can you confirm that the service switch is set to on and that the four power leds are lit on the power supply.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
01.03.12 13:53
Dear Alan

Thanks very much for your feedback. It's really nice from you.
No. I didn't lock down the carousel (that's the word I was looking for!) bolts. Shame on me. I'm not into technics at all. The belt is still in the same position as it was before the transport. The service switch is on, but I couldn't confirm on the four power leds, since I'm useless with technics. I haven't checked them. Well, hopefully I'll find them.
You won't be by any chance in Switzerland soon:)

Best regards, Andi
02.03.12 11:12
Hello Andi,

You will need to check those led's on the power supply.
If you put the service switch to off and press the scan switch what are the resulting actions; does the mechanism scan?

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
05.03.12 16:08
Dear Alan

Sorry, I was on holidays for a few days.

I did put the service switch to off and pressed the scan switch. The result: the mechanism doesn't scan.

I have booklet that belongs to the jukebox. I checked the section with the technical failures. I have the impression that some of these led's are not working anymore. But how to proceed with this knowhow?! After a couple of hours reading the brochure and looking at the different wires, nobs, and leds, I lost faith into my technical understanding - since I don't have any.

What kind of information would help you to bring me any further. Or are you an AMI-Tech that would fly around the world to fix jukeboxes?

Thanks for your help.
Andi
06.03.12 14:14
Hello Andi,

Sorry I do not fly around the world and yes I am an Ami Tech.

It sounds as if you do not have all the power supplies on the power supply unit.
If you can not find someone nearer to you in Europe to send in your power supply and boards to for testin/repair then I suggest that you remove the power supply and the following boards and ship them to me in the UK for testing/repair:-

Power supply unit
Memory Unit (right hand side of mechanism)
Mechanism Control Unit (left hand side of the mechanism)
Selector Logic (accessible through the top door)

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood (ami-man)
Games Unlimited & Datex Systems
Units 4 & 5 Lion Park
New Street
Halfway
Sheffield
S20 3GH
UK

(44) 114 247 0242 phone
(44) 114 251 0727 fax
alan-hooddatex.co.uk
06.03.12 14:25
Okay, Allan that makes sense.
Let me check again on this board. Hopefully I find someone nearer than you. If not, I'll get in touch with you again.
Thanks a lot for your help and support. That was very kind of you. Too bad you don't fancy to visit Zurich...

Best, Andi
08.03.12 12:12
Hello Andi,

I can understand that you are looking for someone more local to you. As I said earlier if you can not find anyone to do the work by all means ship your items to me in the UK, I have supplied a number of people in Switzerland, Germany and France. I do get parcels from all over the world and have shipped to the USA, Austrailia and Hong Kong.

I hope one of the German dealers can repair the boards for you, it may be an idea for you to contact Hildegard or Oliver Stamann if they know of any contacts in Europe who can help you.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
08.03.12 14:48
Dear Alan

Your support is very kind. And yes indeed, if I don't find a local person, I'll ship the items to you. But if I can leave them where they're I'd prefer. Thanks again for everything.
Best, Andi
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in