linking a Wurlitzer 248 stepper to wall box

geschrieben von - posted by LiverpoolJukebox 
linking a Wurlitzer 248 stepper to wall box
11.05.11 08:56
Hi, Just joined the site and am hoping someone might be able to help? i have a wurlitzer 1250 and want to wire up a wall box. i have a 248 stepper and a 48 selection wall box which i think is a 4820 model? can these be wired together and does anyone know how? Thanks, Colin
Re: linking a Wurlitzer 248 stepper to wall box
11.05.11 14:13
Hi Colin!
Have you a Manual? If not, you can Order a Manual in the Shop,
than you can see the wiring. The Stepper and the Wallbox are right.
many greetings Willi!
13.05.11 11:35
Hello Colin,

did you already find out how to connect wallbox, stepper and phonograph? To make sure: you do have stepper 248 and a wallbox 3020 which is converted for 48 selections?
For the combination of stepper 248 and wallbox 4820 this is given by Wurlitzer:
Connect Wall Box Terminal No 1 to stepper terminal No 1 (1-24)
Connect Wall Box Terminal No 2 to stepper terminal No 2
Connect Wall Box Terminal No 3 to stepper terminal No 3
Connect Wall Box Terminal No 4 to stepper terminal No 4 (24-48)
Limitations when using more wallboxes: when used with model 248 stepper the two panels "A" and "B" on the stepper proivides a 24V source of power supply for two groups of four wallboxes. A maximum of four model 4820 wall boxes may therefore be connected to panel "A" and four to panel "B".

But if your wallbox is a 3020 converted with kit 114 to get 48 selections this is not wallbox 4820 (which should have an own ID plate with own model number).
My guess is that your wallbox was also called 3048 - but is 3020 with kit 114 for getting 48 selections. In this case the ID plate would have stayed as 3020.
The model number 3048 I only found so far in an ad from 1955 and also through a Swedish collector. So it is not listed in any Wurlitzer documentations I know of.

This is described for use of wallbox 3020 converted to 48 selections and stepper 2x 219:
Connect Wall Box Terminal No 1 to stepper No. 1 (1-24) - terminal No 1
Connect Wall Box Terminal No 2 to stepper No. 1&2 - terminals No 2
Connect Wall Box Terminal No 3 to stepper No. 1 - terminal No 3
Connect Wall Box Terminal No (lower line) to stepper No. 2 (25-48) - terminal No 1
The use of two steppers provides an extra 24V source of power supply on panel "B" of stepper No.2.

The connections might be the same as described fot 4820 and 248. Maybe this will give you an idea how to do it.
Please let us know if this makes any sense to you.

Kind regards - Hildegard

@Jukebox-Willi: I did not find these information in the manual. Mine only refers to usual wallbox connections. Maybe yours is different.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 13.05.11 11:38.
07.07.11 10:10
Hi Hildegard, i have since found that it is a 3020 wallbox and the stepper is a 248. excellent information, many thanks for your help. can't wait to try it at the weekend!! i will let you know how i get on!! Thanks Again, Colin
10.08.11 11:59
Thanks for all your help, all wired up and working! bit tempremetal, sometimes picks the wrong song or a time delay before it plays the record but apart from that works and looks great! thanks again, Colin
10.08.11 17:07
Hello Colin,

thanks for the update. I'm glad you could hook up both and find both working in general.
The described problems might be contact or adjustment problems.

Enjoy your assembly!

Kind regards - Hildegard
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in