Wurlitzer 2610

geschrieben von - posted by Stewart Virgona 
Wurlitzer 2610
20.02.10 05:43
Hello,

I have a Wurlitzer 2610 and was wondering is someone can give the belt sizes for 33 & 45 rpm?

I also have a problem with the volume when a record is played....
The moment the record starts playing a song the volume is very very loud and after several seconds the volume reduces to the preset level any ideas?

Any help much appreciated

best regards
Stewart

Sydney Australia
Re: Wurlitzer 2610
20.02.10 09:41
Hello Stewart

I don't know the belt sizes, but you can get these belts here in the shop [ssl.kundenserver.de] .

The problem with the volume is probably located in the AVC (Automatic Volume Conbtrol) - circuit. Different records are recorded with different loudness. The AVC - circuit has to readjust the volume for more or less loud records. If no record is playing (while scanning and transferring) the circuit "thinks", a very quiet record is playing und rises the volume. To prevent this, there is a switch, which applies a bias voltage to the AVC - circuit. as long as the record isn't really playing. This switch is located on the mechanism, near the main motor (the N.C. contact set on the Mute & Play Switch). The switch is conducted to the amplifier by the MUTING - jack (pins.2 and 4).

Check this switch for proper closing and check also the wiring. It is also possible, that the voltage divider (R55) has altered his value.

Greetings from Austria - charly49
20.02.10 11:05
Hi Charley49,
Thank you so much for your quick response.
(I do have a manual for the 2600 series in English but it is a photocopy and very difficult to follow!)
Do you mean R55 in the amplifier circuit? (If so I don't think this would be the problem as the amp has only just been overhauled and all the resistors were tested and changed.
I have a diagram of the switch you speak about and there appears to be an adjustment screw incorporated in it.
Can dirty contacts also pose a problem with it being a n/c switch?

(Unfortunately the jukebox is at a friends house so checking will take some time)

Regards
Stewart
20.02.10 14:08
Hello Stewart

Dirty contacts can naturally cause the problem.

The adjustment of the screw should be correct. One of the contact sets on the Mute & Play Switch has to stop the main motor, as soon as the record is in playing position. If this happens, the adjustmant of the adjustment screw is probably correct. But you should check whether the long contact blade (of the n/c contact set) is pressed well against the short. The short contact blade must be moved some tenths millimeters by the pressure of the long blade, while switching.

If you have a voltmeter, you can check the voltage on the n/c contact. It should be about 20 - 30 VDC. The voltage must be the same on both connections, as long as no record is playing. If there is less (or no) voltage, the problem is probably a broken wire or even R55 (in the amplifier). During the overhaul the muting plug is commonly not plugged in and therefore it is possible, that the resistor was forgotten.

I hope this will help you

Greetings - charly49
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in