The famous broken Princess 1493! More tragedy!

geschrieben von - posted by morganrue 
The famous broken Princess 1493! More tragedy!
29.01.10 08:52
Hallo again!

I have yet more problems with the Princess since I "fixed" it- this time I will try to describe all the events- hoping someone will have an idea...

Original problem:- mechanism stopping mid-cycle, with a record in the gripper arm, or the cycle stopping before the record was rejected.

Original solution (thanks charly49):- the three microswitches at the back of the mech, had a bank of cams which could be adjusted relative to the spindle arm- this was done, and the problem almost completely disappeared.

Probable error by me:- Later, I removed the mechanism completely, to better access the three cams and microswitches, and discovered that the mech is hard to put down! Finally I stood it carefully on the selector plate end.

The current problem:- the mech turns and turns, never parking at rest. It makes contact with the microswitch on the outside of the plate (the stop relay). every turn, but this does not stop the mech. Manually activating the microswitch does not stop it rotating either.....I am completely confused, and extremely unhappy!!

If I manually move one of the toggles, even then it does not stop at the record selected- just turns forever..

If anyone can supply a suggested solution, I would be very grateful...

If anyone could adjust the mech. for me, I could transport the mech. only, from Luxembourg to you
(I cannot move the whole jukebox any more- it is a prisoner in my loft) and pay for the service...

If anyone has a working mech, I could buy it in exchange for my defective one...

many thanks for reading this in English

Morgan

B&K
Re: The famous broken Princess 1493! More tragedy!
29.01.10 16:20
Hi Morgan !

The solution for the mech is here:

[www.jukebox-world.de]

This was my work a couple of months ago and it`s easy and cheap !

Unfortunetly my knowledge of the 1493 mechanism is zero !
But some Rockola`s did have a "Home Snap Switch" underneath the big selector.
Perhaps you have damage this switch and then you have exactly this problem.

Kindly regards
Klaus
29.01.10 16:47
With a damaged switch, the jukebox should still pick and play records. If it does not pick records It sounds like the box is in scan mode instead of normal operation mode. In scan mode the magazine just rotates and no records are picked and played.
When did this error apear, directly after the reinstallation of the mechanic or later?

In which position is the service switch? It should be in the "ON" position. If you move it to the "SCAN" position it should move to "OFF" by itself if you release the lever.
31.01.10 08:52
thanks for the photos of the stand for the mechanism! I had condidered making one from wood- your ideas will be very useful! Thank!
31.01.10 08:57
Thanks Marc- I have placed the switch in scan mode, and the drum revolves as it should- but when it is back into play mode,it still turns forever! Only in the stop position does it...stop! Many thanks for your efforts!

Finally, a jukebox expert (Thierry) has offered to take a look at the mech for me. THANK YOU Thierry- I will post the results of his investigation...

M
31.01.10 13:15
Are You sure, the connections on the three switches are in the correct order? Have a look at the plan or ask somebody who owns such a box to lokk for it. I had the same problem with a Tempo2 until I noticed, that one of the cables was at the wrong place.
31.01.10 14:21
Are there any levers on the selector disc set?
In which position is the wobble plate switch (on top of the selector disc, next to the coil)?
If there are no levers set you should be able to press this switch and it should be in the unpressed position. If the switch is pressed, the play relay is activated and the magazine rotates. Is it possible that you have bent the wipers on the read-out arm?
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in