Christmas help with Rockola 1493-PLEASE!

geschrieben von - posted by morganrue 
Christmas help with Rockola 1493-PLEASE!
14.12.09 08:05
Hallo jukebox friends! Please excuse me writing in English...

I would like to describe the fault I have, and the steps aready taken to fix it- and hope you can offer some suggestions- in time for the Christmas party!!

When the tone-arm reaches the end of the record, it often (not always) will not continue to leave the record- it just sits in the tracking groove...: I also have a remote eject butoon, but this will not reject the record either- it simply operates the amplifier mute...

after a while, the cycle will complete itself, and then play maybe 5 records correctly- then it will begin the fault again sad smiley(

I dismantled the gripper motor, (horrible and black inside!!!) and replaced the carbon brushes, and I also replaced the box containing the relays under the mechanism- but the fault remains- I have the manual, bur unfortunately not the ability to understand it enough!! Any ideas????

freundlich

Morgan aus Luxembourg
Re: Christmas help with Rockola 1493-PLEASE!
14.12.09 12:56
Hello Morgan

the gripper motor should be activated by the reverse relay (in the control box under the chassis, where the motors are connected). The current for the reverse relay comes over the play control relay, microswitch #1 and #2 and contacts on the interlock relay (in the same box). If I understood correctly, you have replaced this box. In this case you should check th microswitches (on the gripper cam) with an ohmmeter. The resistance should be < 1 ohm for a closed switch (Common to N.C. with actuating lever not pressed, Common to N. O. with lever pressed).

Greetings from Austria - charly49
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in