Wurlitzer 3300 Americana III how to set on freeplay?

geschrieben von - posted by Esprit80 
Wurlitzer 3300 Americana III how to set on freeplay?
28.09.09 21:35
Hi,

I have recently bought a Wurlitzer Americana III ( model 3300 ). The box plays, but there is something wrong with the coinreceiver.
I can select each time I toggle the 'set for freeplay' slider 1 credit.

Can this box be set to permanent freeplay?

I have the service manual but I can't find an answer for it.

Thanks!!

Grtz,

Xavier smiling smiley
Re: Wurlitzer 3300 Americana III how to set on freeplay?
29.09.09 10:25
Hello Xavier

there is nothing wrong. Each time you push the slider, you can make only one selection.

It'easy, to set the box to permanent free play. You have to bend the contact blades of the "key switch" in the "playrak" (refer to the service manual) together, so that the contact ist always closed. Attention! If you do so, the latch solenoid (on the selector pushbutton - bank) will be permanently energized. If the solenoid ist energized for a long time (some days or longer), it may be demaged (burn out). Some hours is no problem, because Wurlitzer has a protection circuit for the latch solenoid.

I hope this will help you.

Greetings from Austria - charly49
29.09.09 21:48
Hi,

Thank you for the quick response, I will check it out to add a 'free play switch' on this circuit.

Then I can try to repair the coinreceiver; I don't know what happened with it, but I've already found pieces of 'beercards' and wrong sizes of coins in the mechanism. The receiver was installed for the old Belgian 5 Frank coins ( 2 credits for 1 coin ), I have still a lot of these coins so it would be great when it would work again as in the old days... .

The box is still in a decent shape, the glasses are okay, the chrome is good and the woodwork is also fine. No dings, no major scratches,... .
The only negative on it is the lock of the coincup which has been drilled out by an amateur and the lower part of the big speakergrill which has some surfacerust.
Ofcoarse there was a lot of cleaning work to do but that went right.

The coinvalidator is set with all 3 of the selectors at lowest selection, is this OK?

When I insert a coin in the receiver there doesn't happen anything at all, should there be a fault in the receptor? How can I test this unit?

Thanks!!

Grtz,

Xavier
01.10.09 09:21
Hello Xavier

Each "selector" in the coin mechanism is assigned to one of the coin switches. You can specify the number of selections for the assigned coin with the "selector" lever.

If you insert a coin and nothing happens, please check the fuse on the coin mechanism (8/10 AMPS = 0,8 A). Check also the correct adjustment of the coin switches.

Wurlitzer has originally round key locks for the cach box, like these [ssl.kundenserver.de] , but only 7/8" long. These locks are a little expensive, but you can also use a standard lock (7/8" long, I think) [ssl.kundenserver.de]

Best regards - charly49

04.10.09 21:44
Hello,

I have the key switch short circuited and the box plays perfect now.

Thanks for the advice !!

Grtz,

Xavier smiling smiley
05.10.09 16:28
It's not a good idea to make a permanent short circuit over one of the coin switches. The coil will overheat and burn out! Use only a pushbutton switch which closes the circuit as long as you push the button.
05.10.09 17:46
Hello Marc

obviously you misunderstood something. The permanently closed switch is not a coin switch, but the "key switch" inside the coin mechanism. This causes that the relay inside the coin mechanism and the latch solenoid are energized. The latch solenoid in Wurlitzer boxes may be energized for some hours (contrary to Seeburg and Rock-Ola), because there is a protective circuit with a serial resistor for the solenoid.

Greetings - charly49
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in