NSM Festival 130, help in english if possible!

geschrieben von - posted by awe 
awe
NSM Festival 130, help in english if possible!
27.09.09 19:58
Hi!

I'm new here and registered in hope to get some help with a NSM Festival 130 belonging to a friend of mine.

The problem is that when a record is picked and put in playing position, the proceedure is interupted and the record is placed back in its position. I'm not sure but I think the pickup actually is put down to the record when it gets interrupted.

I understand some german and found a thread that i THINK describes the same problem:

[www.jbw-forum.de]

In case I am right, could someone help me with the translation of the three (?) possibilities mentioned in the answer:

******************************************************************************************************************************
könnte der Betriebsartenschalter am Laufwagen sein, der nicht richtig eingestellt ist. Auch könnte die Resettaste welche betätigt werden sollte, wenn die Platte hängen bleibt.
Dann wäre noch die Magnetspule am Laufwagen, welcher verdreckt ist und hängen bleibt.
******************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks in advance,

Anders Westerberg
Halmstad, Sweden

Re: NSM Festival 130, help in english if possible!
28.09.09 16:57
Hello Anders,

this is the translation of the three options:

1. the operating switch on the carriage could be adjusted wrong
2. the cancel button could be activated
3. the solenoid on the carriage could be dirty/sticky

You should also check the tone arm end switch (reed contact) which gets activated at the end of the record. Also the couplers are often sticky and do not work properly.
Last there is a resistor on the control center which can be burnt (break resistor). If this is faulty the carriage has too much speed that the operating switch already shifts reverse.

Kind regards - Hildegard
awe
28.09.09 17:08
Great thanks!!!

I'll give it a try next time I get there (which might take a month or two...).

Is there a service manual or something like that somewhere on the net?

30.09.09 08:15
Not that I know of, Awe.

When looking for a manual you need to make sure to get the right one. Depending on which version of Festival 130 you've got the manual is slightly different. You can find out by the way the TT is driven:
Festival 130: a small and a large flat belt drive the TT, only one idler wheel.
Festival 130D: only one drive belt, but two idlers. The TT has a ca. 5 mm rubber ring on the outside.
[www.jukebox-world.de]

For the first version we only can offer the chapter of the technical description and the parts list for the carriage. For the second version we can offer a complete manual.

[ssl.kundenserver.de]

But both are only in German.

Kind regards - Hildegard
awe
30.09.09 11:21
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in