Identifizierung Jukebox

geschrieben von - posted by manzeROCK 
Identifizierung Jukebox
18.01.09 08:52
hallo Freunde,

Kann jemand identifizieren diese Jukebox??? :)

[ljplus.ru]
[ljplus.ru]
[ljplus.ru]
[ljplus.ru]
[ljplus.ru]

cheers,
Kirill.
Re: Identifizierung Jukebox
18.01.09 10:03
Hallo Kirill,

bei der Jukebox handelt es sich um die 1964 gebaute "Meloman M120" der polnischen Firma Unitra:
[www.jukebox-world.de]
[www.jukebox-world.de]

Wo kommen denn die schönen Bilder her - aus einem Film?

Viele Grüße - Hildegard Stamann
18.01.09 11:43
danke Hildegard!

Ja, es ist ein sowjetischer Film.

Ich wusste, dass dieser Meloman. Aber ich dachte, er habe in der UdSSR? Auf Ihre Bilder, wie er nicht :)

Viele Grüße,
Kiirill.
18.01.09 13:08
Hello Kirill,

the Meloman was for sure built in Poland.
The lower picture in the archive says that even in Moscow people could listen to western songs - 5 Kopekas needed to be inserted. The picture comes from a German magazine in 1964.
So far I do not know of any jukebox produced in UDSSR.

Did you took these pictures? If so they would be great addition for the section "Jukeboxes in Movies" in our Archive: [www.jukebox-world.de]
Any idea of the title of the film?

Kind regards - Hildegard

18.01.09 15:30
Hello again :)

Thank you very much for your help!!! Now I see that it's the same jukebox. I didn't notice that at the first spot :)

Russian label Melodia was releaseing 45 rpm records with the subtitle For jukebox Meloman. That's why I thought they are Soviet made. On to of that, on the 5th picture I can see something like a logo on the front window. It looks like the logo of the local bicycle factory "IZH" :)

Yes, I made the pictures myself. I made screenshorts. First 4 shots are from the comedy short movie "Kakaya Naglost's", in English "How dare you!". The last one is from the 1969 comedy short "Fitil'", the scene "Chastnij Sluchaj", in English "Personal attention".

I can make bigger shots and send to you by e-mail. I would be pleased to help you :)

Thank you again for your answer! I didn't notice the second newspaper scan. It is really interesting for me, because I'm fond of retro in all forms.

Best wishes!

Sincerely,
Kirill.
19.01.09 15:14
Hello Kirill,

thanks for the info on the Russian label and to which film/comedy the pictures belong.

I think it is always interesting to get some info, news, stories etc. regarding uncommon jukeboxes. Those made by Unitra are uncommon - that's for sure - and I'm sure most people never saw one in real so far. So did I!

Also to get information about the history is very hard to find. We are happy that Gert Almind could join a little history of Unitra.
[www.jukebox-world.de]

I do not know what the logo on the front window could mean. First I thought of "Hi-Fi" - but this would not be possible in Russia ...... Also they would write it different - due to different letters of course ....
But I'd say that this logo can also be seen on the newspaper scan. So it must be something which belongs to the jukebox?

I did send you a regular email also - so if you like you can send bigger shots directly to this address.

Kind regards - Hildegard

27.10.09 11:53
Hello

I have this jukebox called Meloman M-120 from Unitra manufacture at home. The writing on the front plexi shelter is Hi-Fi on the left side and the operating instructions on the right side. Both is made from transparent plastic foil.
I can send you a foto of evrything, what you want.
But my problem is different. I have only one gramophone needle. If anybody knows about one needle for Meloman M120 I will pay in gold:))

Thanks for cooperate. Georg
27.10.09 18:54
Hello Georg,

thanks for confirming the lettering on the front window. So Hi-Fi was used, too. Each picture you can provide is helpful and interesting. Most if us haven't seen a Meloman at all - so detailed pictures like from the emchanism, amplifier, selection etc. is interesting.

I do not know which cartridge was used in the Meloman models. Can you send a picture of the cartridge and the original needle? I can check if we can help on that.
My email address is stamann@jukebox-world.de

Welcome in our forum!

Kind regards - Hildegard

30.10.09 09:28
Hi Hildegard and Georg
Sorry if I put my nose in your business, but one gold is one gold :)

I was in letter to a polish guy about my Fonica-M122 pick-up, I have also same problem, my pick-up is UK4M

He sent me a picture about UK8 pick-up
It seems to be you would need this, but...
it also has crystal system inside and we know "old crystal is not crystal" :)

Watch this link
[horex.uw.hu]
Is electric"out-point" of the arm on your machine ?
Guy wrote me, is worked perfectly

by horex
p.s. so, shall I send you my conto number? :)

01.11.09 13:01
Hello Horex,

thanks for the pictures. From what I could find out the UK-8 and UK-4M are the cartridges Fonica used as well in their record players.
You are right - crystal cartridges are often bad these days - the crystals inside soak humidity and get destroyed.
We can have these catridges repaired with new crystals inside.

The cartridge used a sapphire tipped needle - but next to it there is something else. Does this touches the record as well? It looks like it has a little roll at the tip. I marked it in the picture to show which part I mean.
[www.jukebox-world.de]

I cannot find out exactly by the picture how the complete needle looks like - if it sticks into the grey piece - marked with an A - or if this grey piece plus the two metal bars are the complete needle.
Also I thought if maybe the shown Teppaz needle could be adjusted somehow to make it fit.

The Meloman uses two of these cartridges - one for each side, right?

Another idea which comes into my mind - if the cartridge is faulty and the repair is kind of expensive - is to use only the white shell and mount a different cartridge into it. We do have a very small ceramic one which can be taken apart so only a narrow piece of about 0,8 x 2 cm will be used. We have some customers doing this with other cartridges for East German jukeboxes Polyhymat and some record players.

Besides this if you can sell a cartridge or needles to Georg - no problem.

Kind regards - Hildegard
01.11.09 20:43
Hallo

sorry for my late answer, but I have a lot of things to do in this times.
I must do some fotos for you.
I cant do foto of original needle, because I buy my Meloman without both needels and I use one needle from supraphon-only for emerengenci start.
I mean that this UK 8 is for another machine, because Meloman have single needle for every side of gramophone disc and this looks like thats for use in maschines whitch have only one needle for both sides, only with different angle?
This is only my opinion, because I dont know how original needle looks.

01.11.09 21:19
UK8 seems to be a switchable pickup with 2 needles. One for microgroove (33, 45), one for normalgroove (78rpm) records.
This record player is using such a pickup. On top of the pickup arm are 2 buttons to select the correct needle. [www.fonar.com.pl]

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 01.11.09 21:24.
02.11.09 09:22
Hi Kaslikov
MAybe You are right. I only got this idea from the polish guy
Put here a photo about the pick-up arm and let's see
On your newspaper picture I have seen a long/slim cartridge, becouse of it I thought UK8 would be perfect
Yes, this type is good to a simple gramophone for 2 type of vinil- such Marc told it

Here is my pick-up arm

02.11.09 09:59
Hi Hildegard
"From what I could find out the UK-8 and UK-4M are ...."
Let's see Kaslikov's photo

"Another idea which comes into my mind..... "
Of course, would have to put another type of cartridge, but every owner would like if his /her juke is full original

"Besides this if you can sell .."
Not, my sentence were only a joke sentence :)
If I can help to anybody-I help, it is not business question

I'm registered member on TeszVesz.hu auktion page and this page is brother-page of allegro.pl
Maybe, I will put some question to it's Forum about Meloman
Here is a link to an "expert", but it seems to be Hi has also not seen this juke near, only picture
but who knows
[www.radiomuseum.org]
and an estonien page
[www.elfaelektroonika.ee]

Last joke sentence
I tell the true, not any other people has seen this jukebox yet ONLY at picture and Kasnikov.
It is a ghost jukebox :))

by horex

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 02.11.09 10:01.
02.11.09 21:21
Hallo

I am not a Kasnikov or what, but Kaslikov for correct.

Here is a foto of my Meloman (some description photos)
You can see there my "bastel"

www.mcihar.com/up/_Jukebox.JPG
www.mcihar.com/up/_PB020004.JPG
www.mcihar.com/up/_PB020005.JPG
www.mcihar.com/up/_PB020008.JPG
www.mcihar.com/up/_PB020009.JPG
www.mcihar.com/up/_PB020010.JPG

And here is a original stand for needle. It could be there only in this angle. But is impossible put it to the second arm. (because the stand is too long and it touched the disc)

www.mcihar.com/up/_PB020011.JPG

(sorry for this no active links, but I cant insert active link)

5 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 02.11.09 21:33.
02.11.09 21:22
02.11.09 21:54
There are photos of a M123 in the archive. [www.jukebox-world.de]
The holder looks the same.
02.11.09 22:36
Hello,

I copied Georg's URL addresses and could watch the pictures. Thanks for them. First - your Meloman looks to be in an overall good condition. Congratulations!
Maybe you like to add the serial number in our database? [www.jbw-forum.de]
I would appreciate this. A new info for me is that this model was built until 1968. So always new to learn! Would you mind if I add some of your pictures to this archive site, too?
[www.jukebox-world.de]

I agree - the UK8 must be an old cartridge which was used in the late 50's and 60's when 78 rpm records were still around and record players were made for three speeds.
I would also say it could be the right cartridge for the Meloman M120 built in 1964. But I am sure that two tone arms and two cartridges are needed - one for each side. Because to play both sides either the record itself or the cartridge would have to be turned around somehow ....
I marked the two tone arm brackets in this picture:
[www.jukebox-world.de]

Please compare with this picture (from the later M123, but I think it shows well that two cartridges are needed):
[www.jukebox-world.de]

The cartridge in your M120, Gregor, does not look original to me, it looks "too new" - maybe 70s or so. I would say it's a modern one from a record player.
Because it's kind of too big and part of the tone arm brackets are missing it sits too deep. So there isn't enough space for a second cartridge.
Maybe Horex will check your pictures too and lets us know what he thinks.

@Horex: thanks for the links to the Estonian site - I see our Archive is read there, too. I wished I could read this, too .... The movie pictures shown there show also two tonearms and two cartridges.
[www.jukebox-world.de]

Ernst Erb, who published the Meloman in the Radiomuseum, got the information from Gert Almind (Denmark) who is a "living library" regarding the history of jukeboxes. The b&w pictures comes from the German "Automatenmarkt" magazine from 1964 which I did send to Gert. The other pictures shows a lobby card from the movie "The man without a past" - but shows the later Meloman M-123. So that picture is actually wrong with M120 ...
This means: the real expert on Meloman are those who have one: horex and Georg!

Maybe one day we will have a a chance to see a Meloman in real at one of the jukebox shows. So far I also only saw pictures of them.

@Georg: when giving a URL as a link - http:// needs to be in front of www. But if the ending of the file is .JPG instead of .jpg the links gets broken - and I do not why.
So I don't have a solution - unless to edit the pictures again and change them to - for example - to "PB020004.jpg"
But I'm sure everybody is able to copy the URL.

Kind regards - Hildegard
02.11.09 22:59
Hi, good evening
Kaslikov, sorry for my mistake in your name!

Your cartridge-arm same such mine. I have Fonica M122
You must get UK4 or UK4M tipe of pick-up
Tomorrow I put a picture about my all arm

here is a UK4M pick-up, it WAS brand new
The 2nd is my old one, inside NOT any crystal, but, the new one had same mistake

So, my opinion, you would have to get an arm for M122-123 or Meloman , these are same
Look around time-to time on allegro.pl
If you find, I can get it for you

by horex

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 02.11.09 23:07.

03.11.09 08:51
Hello horex,

the problems with crystal cartridges can even happen to NOS ones. If they soak humidity they get faulty.

Like I said - we can have them repaired - they get new crystals. I understand that one would keep the original and not to replace by a another one. There are some East German cartridges where just the needle cannot be changed. Each time a new needle is needed the crystals have to changed, too - because the neelde is connected directly to the crystals. That's why some prefer to use the old shee and mount a new cardtridge inside.

As a "German-Australian co-production" smiling smiley we have an article about the different types of cartridges in our Archive:
[www.jukebox-world.de]

Anyway, from your picture I'd say it's the same than used here: [www.jukebox-world.de]

Can you also amke a picture from the upper side to the needle? I have the idea if one of a Ronnette cartridge or the new P-52 could work.

Kind regards- Hildegard
03.11.09 18:47
Evening, I'm here

So, here is the arm of M122 and a cartridge on it
Maybe in every polish juke uses same arm

I put 2 pitures about my pick-up also
CanYou repair it, change the crystal inside and needle, or you offer another type instead of it?

I found yesterday a phonograph arm on allegro.pl with UK4M, I put a question to seller is working or not
he can test it or not
Let see what he will answer

by horex

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 03.11.09 18:53.

03.11.09 22:08
Super guys

This UK4 looks very good, I mean this my stand is only broken to wrong angle and this arm is same.

If somebody have it.... I want buy.
05.11.09 18:20
Hello horex,

the cartridge itself can be repaired - means it gets new crystals. I'm not sure if we can offer the needles - I would need to see one, how it is mounted into the cartridge.
It looks like the original needle is just pushed into a rubber. This way the below shown needle is also mounted into the original cartridge Merula SK 492 used in German Beromat Harmonie jukebox.

[www.jukebox-world.de]

The condition of the rubber needs to be good - because that cannot be replaced.

Kind regards - Hildegard

In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in