Wurlitzer 2300 S

geschrieben von - posted by bhn 
bhn
Wurlitzer 2300 S
09.01.09 13:18
Dear jukebox-freinds:
I have a problem with my Wurlitzer 2300 S. For all letter combinations with the number "6" the jukebox won't work. The bottoms will not retract themselves until the jukebox is unpowered and powered again. All other combinations of letters and numbers are functioning.
I will be very thankful for ideas of how to solve the problem.
Regards Björn from Denmark
Re: Wurlitzer 2300 S
10.01.09 09:33
Hello Björn

on the selector unit (the lowest part of the mechanism), inside the pinwheel, you can see 10 small towers, marked with the numbers 0 ... 9. These are the number select coils. If you make a selection, one of it (according to pressed button) must go down und the selector motor must start running. If no number select coil goes down, the selection can not be finished. The problem can be caused by a sticking coil plunger, a burnt coil, poor contact in the pushbutton bank or a broken wire between pushbutton bank and coil.

To fix the problem, it is probably necessary to remove the selector unit. For this I would recommend to buy a service manual (available in the shop [ssl.kundenserver.de] ). It contains instructions for reassembling and adjusting and also wiring diagrams and other important information for future troubleshooting.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards - charly49
bhn
Re: Wurlitzer 2300 S
10.01.09 12:45
Hello Charly49

Thank very much for your assistance. I will investigate the possibilities for the problem one by one. Hopefully the fault is easy to rectify. I have already looked in the service manual and I don't hope it is nessessary to remove the selector smiling smiley

Best regards

Björn
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in