Rockola 1454 carousel issue

geschrieben von - posted by smt02 
Rockola 1454 carousel issue
15.02.16 22:56
Hi all

I have another issue with my rockola 1454, the carousel, it rotates back and forward even if selection is not made, it happened a few weeks ago but I was told to check the pin bank which i did, the issue appeard to be a pin was stuck
all has been well since but today it happened again, so i have gone round the pin bank meticulously and moved all the pins and checked for any sticking or out of place pins, to no avail
could the issue be anything else
it still selects no problem and plays but when the selections have all been played the carousel does not park
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Rockola 1454 carousel issue
16.02.16 09:20
Check the contacts in the control box
included pic is of the 1448 , but 1454 is basicly the same

16.02.16 09:49
Thank you very much will check
16.02.16 10:04
Perhaps the following is a better explanation :

The lever only activates a coil in the controlbox
One of the contacts on the coil make its possible to pass a 28v current to the motor
When the coil doesnt release or the contact doesnt have enough play there will be a constant current to the motor
16.02.16 11:39
Hi thanks
Do you know which switch it would be in the control box, I have tried pressing a couple, the one at the back appears to operate the gripper arm
There is a micro switch arrangement which can be viewd easily from the front of the jukebox
I may be better off taking the control box out and examining, I am not the best at reading diagrams
Thanks
Andy
16.02.16 12:00
Remove the box , open it , leave plugs attached and press the load switch , you can see which coil is activated

edit , just came to my mind : check if the load switch cuts off properly when in resting position

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 16.02.16 12:11.
16.02.16 15:01
I will have a go later not sure what the load switch is but will have a look
16.02.16 22:32
Perhaps it called different om the 1454
The switch you use to manually rotate the record drum
16.02.16 22:58
22.02.16 18:18
Hi
the problems have got worse, I have checked all the microswitches for movement and now checked the control box, I removed the box completely and cleaned all the contacts, sprayed with electrical cleaner
I still had the same issue so decided to move the contacts manually whilst the power was still connected to the jukebox.
I must have shorted something as the power to the box tripped, it did spark and I had blown a fuse
but now the control box does not work as it should, the gripper motor does not stop and I have had to remove also the the carousel control switch is not working correctly infact the jukebox is unusable with buzzing and overheating of the selector
the cancel relay is not working I suspect i have blown a number of capacitors or restors within the box, and my require a rebuild
any suggestions would really help.
23.02.16 13:26
Hello Andy

I think you've been looking in the wrong place. The magazine motor does not stop, because the DC start relay is energized permanently. This is not mounted in the control box, but in the power supply. It energizes when a Selection Lever is changed over or when the Record Load Switch is switched. A little later in the work sequence, the relay will be held additionally via a contact on the interlock relay (in the control box). This ensures that a record can be put back when the last Selection Lever has been reseted.

There are several possible reasons why the DC start relay can be permanently attracted. In most cases however a Selection Lever is not completely in the rest position. It may also be that foreign objects (a screw or washer or parts of a broken spring or just dirt) are in the Selector drum and cause a short circuit. It is also possible that the relay itself is stuck because, for example, contacts are welded together.

You need not have to worry, there are no resistors or capacitors, which you could have destroyed. I suspect that the interlock relay (the double relay in the control box) is locked in the wrong position. If you switch it manually, everything should work again.

Best regards - charly49
26.02.16 23:10
Hi Charlie
I tried this and it did appear to click and now rotates the carousel, but I still get the audible noise and the tone arm appears to be restricted in its movement by the casting at the rear of it
regards
Andy
02.03.16 22:40
charly49

i have now got the jukebox going,i replaced both micro switch 3 and 4 after initially getting them wrong way round, also there was a piece of plastic broken off the end on the grip cam limit switch, i have repaired it using a small piece of credit card( expired) after offering it up the the broken one to get the slots in the correct position, so the switch now clicks correctly.
the jukebox does now select and play and the cancel and load switches work perfectly, but the carousel still does not park after the last selection has played
I guess the only thing now to check is the pin bank for issues, i am getting there but tend to learn by my mistakes
thanks for your help.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in