Rockola Princess 1493

geschrieben von - posted by ourjets 
Rockola Princess 1493
04.10.13 10:25
Hello,

Can you tell me how a "Reverbaration" unit connects to a 1493. I have been searching for one without success but have no idea if it improves sound or how it connects or indeed how it works. The unit was an extra accessory according to Rockola sales brochure.

Many thanks.

Neil
Re: Rockola Princess 1493
06.10.13 07:58
Hello Neil

The "Reverba Sound" is an accessory that adds echoes to the sound. This gives the impression that you are in a large hall. In the fifties and sixties such devices were often used by rock bands. It consists of an amplifier and a spring reverb - unit. In the reverb - unit there is a transducer that takes a long steel spring to vibrate and a pickup which picks up the vibrations of the spring. The action of the spring produces many echo of the original sound, which are then added to the original sound.

For some songs, it is quite an asset. The problem is that it is not suitable for all pieces of music and then sometimes is perceived as disturbing.

The device is connected to the Voluime Control - socket on the amplifier. The volume control is connected to the reverb - amp. The power cord of the reverb - amp comes to the service socket on the power supply. There is one more connection. To this 28 V has to be supplied to turn on the plate voltage. Unfortunately, I do not know where this should be connected. But it could be a way to turn on and off the reverb - unit if necessary with an external switch.

Best regards - charly49

Re: Rockola Princess 1493
11.10.13 01:13
Hello Neil,

Perhaps a more interesting way to proceed is to build your own reverbasound amplifier. Schematics are not included in the 1493 manual, but can be found in late 50's manuals like the Empress or Tempo. I bought a project box and found the correct power transformer, signal transformer and other components. I now have a working reverb unit. But I agree with previous comments that it is not too pleasant to listen to. It detracts from the original recording. But it is a working Reverbasound 1493. Let me know if I can assist. Bob R
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in