rockola wall box audio

geschrieben von - posted by seancalla 
rockola wall box audio
03.07.13 09:07
Hi
I have two 507 wall boxes, and audio doesn't work on them, although it did initially when they were set up, the relays in the wall box are all working as they should, all connections are fine, this is driving me crazy, is it likely to be a fault with the amplifier in the jukebos itself(machine is a rockola 434 and stepper is 1765). Speakers have been tested and are all fine, i'm not sure what else i can check, its not critical but the fault is annoying that i can't locate it
regards
seancalla
Re: rockola wall box audio
03.07.13 14:04
Hello seancalla

To turn on the speakers, the audio control relay must be energized. The relay will be energized when a selection is performed with the wall box and it remains energized until all the selected records are played and the jukebox goes into standby mode. You should check if the relay energizes and remains energized.

There are also switches for setting the volume. The fault may also be found in this switches.

Best regards - charly49
03.07.13 15:55
Hi Charly49, i see the relay energising when a selection is perfomred but then the relat de-energising once the song starts, waht would cause this
regards
seancalla
03.07.13 17:43
Hello seancalla

The relay has a self-holding circuit. This comes from the coil through one of the relay contacts, to the AUDIO CONTROL terminal. From there it goes through the cable to the stepper. In the stepper, the line is connected to COMMON as long as the play control relay is energized. Only when the play control relay drops, the self-holding circuit for the audio control relay should be interrupted.

For testing, you can connect the AUDIO CONTROL terminal to the COMMON terminal. Then the relay should remain energized after a selection as long as the jukebox is powered up.If so, the fault must be located in the stepper. Otherwise it can be found in the wall box (relay contact or wiring).

Best regards - charly49
03.07.13 18:40
Charly49
thanks for the information, will investigate and let you know
regards
seancalla
03.07.13 23:03
Hi
My relay energises when a selection is made but as soon as the selection is found it de-energises, just to understand correctly, the audio control relay cable is routed from the terminal on the wallbox to the terminal on the jukebox, from there it is bundled with the cable harness that is connected to the low voltage port of the power supply. I see from the diagram of the play control relay in the jukebox manual the contact that controls the audio for the wall box. I suppose my question is where does the audio relay cable go to from the power supply, sometimes it is difficult to distinguish colurs they have faded over time, does the audio cable go from the power supply to the amplifier, and does it also go to the stepper
regards
seancalla
04.07.13 08:14
Hello seancalla

I must correct myself. The cable does not go from the terminal to the stepper. It goes from the terminal directly to the power supply. There it is connected to common, with a contact on the Play Relay.

Unfortunately I do not have a complete circuit diagram for the 434 and the stepper. I only have a wiring diagram for the 464 There, the color is specified for the wire with brown and white. In the diagram it can be seen that the wire goes on to the socket for the stepper. That has obviously following reason. The audio control relay is energized through a contact in the wall box, while the pulse train is sent to the jukebox. Here, the self-holding circuit is prepared. He is not finished, because even takes some time until the selection is inscribed and the play relay attracts. It must, therefore, be a contact in the stepper, which connects the audio control cable with common, while the selection pulses are transmitted. Without this, the self-holding circuit would only be effective if the jukebox is already working.

Did you make the test, I have proposed?

Best regards - charly49
04.07.13 10:33
Hi
I tried the test you proposed and the i can get a fairly faint sound through the speakers, i will invsstiagte the stepper and connections
regards
seancalla
04.07.13 14:59
Hi
I have checked connections and cleaned relays but no luck yet. In the rockola 434 the audio control relay(brown/white cable) is routed as follows, from terminal on wallbox to terminal on the jukebox, from there it enters the power supply (low voltage connection) and from there to the play control relay(normally open), it is then routed to the credit control/write in unit and from there to the stepper socket on the credit control/write in unit, it then is routed to the stepper and connected to the release armature assembly . I am hoping that the problem turns out to be something obvious but have not found anything yet. Is the problem likely to be confined to the stepper
regards
seancall
06.07.13 18:41
Hello seancalla

Once you have the test done and the speakers were turned on, the problem is unlikely to be found in the wall box. You can now connect the audio control line at different points with Common to narrow down the fault. First at the terminal on the jukebox, then at the contact on the play relay, finally at the contact on the stepper. If it works at one point, but not at the next, the error must be found between the two points. It may be that a wire is broken or a connector makes poor contact or similar.

You wrote, you got fairly faint sound. Does that mean that the volume is too low, or the sound is distorted and too quiet? Wall boxes do not play very loud, this is normal. It is however possible to increase the volume by changing the connection at the amplifier.

Best regards - charly49
06.07.13 19:22
Hi
the sound is just about audible, not the same as a normal wall box, what connection can be changed at the amp
regards
Seancalla
08.07.13 06:30
Hello Seancalla

Basically, the volume control on the jukebox also affects the volume of the wall box speakers. The wall box is equipped with two buttons (LOW - HIGH), with which the customer can select the volume individually. First, you should make sure that this circuit works. If none of the buttons is pressed or when the buttons are not connected (6-pin connector), the sound will be almost inaudible. When the HIGH button is pressed, the speakers will get about 5 watts, which should be enough for a satisfactory volume.

If the volume on the jukebox is set very low, the volume of the wall box may be too low. For this case there is a power switch on the amplifier with which the power of the jukebox speaker can be reduced. If this switch is set to a lower power, you have to turn up the volume knob further to obtain the same volume on the jukebox. Due to this the volume of the wallbox is increased, compared to the jukebox.

Usually, these possibilities should be sufficient to get a satisfactory volume from the wallbox. It should be noted that the speakers in the wallbox are pretty small and can not handle too much power.

Best regards - charly49
09.07.13 23:08
Thanks for the advice will let you know how i get on
regards
Seancalla
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in