Wurlitzer Niagara 5

geschrieben von - posted by seancalla 
Wurlitzer Niagara 5
04.04.12 12:34
Hi
I have one of these machines with a slight tone arm problem. Firstly I'll give a bit of background, from my previous experience with these series of jukeboxes, the rest position of the tone arm is just above the outer edge of the turntable. When you select a record the tone arm moves to just beyond the needle brush , after the record is placed on the turntable the tone arm advances to the start of the record, at the end of play the tone arm is lifted and swings beyond the needle brush, record is lifted by the gripper arm and the tone arm moves back to just above the edge of the record.
What is happening with my machine is the tone arm will play the first record right, but after each record is played the tone arm comes to rest to far over the turntable, so when the next record is played the tone arm advances too far, i have tried the adjustments in the manual and have lubricated all moving parts and springs. Does any member have any idea what could be causing this
regards
Seancalla
Re: Wurlitzer Niagara 5
04.04.12 16:53
Hi!

Have you checked if the tone arm is firmly mounted on its axle? As long as the gears aren't out of alignment, this could be a possible reason for the arm moving around...?

C U
Catboy (Kai)

P.S.: Did you succeed in fixing your Wurlitzer Caravelle?
06.04.12 10:12
Hi
the tone arm seems to be mounted firmly, and the sequence of operations seems fine, its a an unusual problem, sometimes i can get it to lift off and land correctly when i firstly apply some pressure to the tone arm post maybe the whole thing needs to be dismantled and reassembled, re the caravelle that fix is on hold until i source some ic's
thanks
seancalla
10.04.12 22:38
Hi
I tightened the very small hex bolt on the tone arm shaft blow the chassis and that seems to have put it right,thanks
seancalla(will update at a later date on the wurlitzer caravelle)
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in