NSM Prestige II ESII

geschrieben von - posted by Sjohnson20 
NSM Prestige II ESII
03.01.12 04:25
HI, I recently bought a NSM Prestige II ESII-O. The carriage is stuck in the middle of the record tray. The turntable is spinning and there is a loud humming sound. The lights and power all seem to be normal. What should I check first?

Thank you
Re: NSM Prestige II ESII
03.01.12 04:53
Also when I open the front glass, it won't stay open when I lift it to the top. Do you know where I could get new struts that would keep it open?
03.01.12 07:29
Hey, have you tried to push the reject Button of the volume controller....? You can also carefully try to push the Tone arm towards the Center of the record
03.01.12 19:40
If I press the reject button on the back, the humming sound goes away. But when I let go of the button the humming sound comes back. The turntable continues to spin. Is there a way to reset the machine?
04.01.12 09:55
The humming sound comes probably from a broken cable between turntable and the amplifier.

The Reject button normaly stops the play and forces the machine to let go of the record, the machine doesn't have a 'reset'-Button, sorry!
I'm not aware about your technical abilities. Is the servica manual on site ?
By pressing the reject button, do you hear a clicking noise inside the cabinet ?
Also are there any light or digits lighted when you switch on the power supply ?

04.01.12 21:52
Hi,

I don't have a service manual. I can't find one either. I'm not too familiar with Jukeboxes. I usually work on pinballs or video games.

When I hit the reject button there's no clicking sound inside. Its just silent.

The only thing lit is Free Play flashes on the display. If I hit the numbers it will light up the different numbers I press. But nothing happens after that.

I'll try and check the cable. I'm going to have to remove the front door. its too hard to keep the machine open. The struts wont hold it up.
05.01.12 11:05
Hello Sjohnson20

You can get a service manual here in the shop [ssl.kundenserver.de] . You can also get a XXL - schematic and wiring diagram [ssl.kundenserver.de] . Different gas springs (and other spare parts) are also available here [ssl.kundenserver.de] .

First you should check, if the carriage is in playing mode. In play mode, the lift arm is located between the magazine shelves. You can see it if you look down on the magazine. You should also hear a noise if you touch the pickup needle.

On the drive there are two drive motors. One for the turntable and one for scanning and placing the record to play. In play mode, only the motor for the turntable is turned on, the other motor is switched off. When the tonearm - limit switch is actuated or when you press the reject button, the motor - relay (in the electronics centre) is attracted. This then switches on the second motor. You should check if this happens. It may be that the motor gets no power. Then you have an electrical fault (possibly a blown fuse). It may be as well that the motor gets power, but can not work. Then either the mechanism is stuck or the motor is defective.

Greetings from Austria - charly49
14.01.12 01:56
I checked the voltage going directly to the scanning motor and it doesn't seem to be getting the correct amount. I found a manual and it says the motor needs 45v but it measures at 1.5v.? I checked the source and its 45v going to the circuit board on the carriage. I took the plastic cover off the bottom of the carriage that protects the circuit board. I traced the wires from the scanning motor to the bottom. There is continuity. There is also continuity from the input harness on the board to the motor. Something is dropping the voltage down before it gets to the motor. Do you know what could cause this?
14.01.12 09:59
Hello Sjohnson20

If the 45 volts comes to the PCB on the carriage, but not to the motor, then the fault is to be found on this PCB. It is possible that a soldering point of the plug connector is broken. It is also possible that a trace on the PCB has a hairline crack. Sometimes, such faults are not detectable with a continuity test, because it works with a very small measuring current. You should therefore carefully examine the PCB and resolder the soldering points.

Best regards - charly49
19.01.12 01:59

Here's what the pcb looks like. Theres lots of corrosion especially on the part near the small black wire near the connector. I don't see any obvious cracks but it looks like work has been done in the past

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
19.01.12 08:53
Hello Sjohnson20

There must be a break, even if it is not obvious. You should take out the carriage, but leave connected. Then you can use a voltmeter to trace the voltage on the circuit board from the connector to the motor. Therefore you can scratch off the green insulation lacquer at some points with a knife. Somewhere, the voltage will be lost.

Best regards - charly49
20.01.12 05:21
Hi, thanks for your help. I'll try tracing the voltage. Also even though the turntable seems stuck in play mode, when I touch the needle I don't hear anything.
20.01.12 17:35
Hi
If its any help might be a longshot, i had a similar with an nsm city 2 jukebox where the carriage was stuck and constantly spinning even if you moved the tonearm to the end or pressed reject, and it also made a humming noise, what was wrong in my case was that the tonearm was stuck between where it should be for an A side and B side, i moved the tonearm to the side manually where it should be for either an a or b side and the carriage returned to normal, had to clean the various parts on the carriage specifically the clutch mechanism
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in