Rockola Princess 1493 & Stereo Speakers

geschrieben von - posted by ourjets 
Rockola Princess 1493 & Stereo Speakers
13.12.11 10:04
I am wishing to try out the stereo side of the amp in my princess jukebox.

I have some old hi-fi speakers that i could try (8 Ohm each) but need to check about connections. The amp has terminals left +/- and right +/- (which is obvious) but also the amp is labelled 16 ohms. If I used speakers of lower ohmic value would they or the amp be damaged? When connected are the speakers in series or parallel?

Thanks.

Neil
Re: Rockola Princess 1493 & Stereo Speakers
13.12.11 14:51
Hello Neil

There is no problem, to connect 8 ohm speakers to the 16 ohm speaker outputs. A tube amp will thereby (as opposed to a solid state amplifier) not be damaged. He could only be damaged if no speaker is connected. No load would result in high voltage spikes in the output transformer that can damage the transformer or the tubes or the tube sockets.

The terminal designations + and - say nothing about the polarity, but they indicate the phasing. The marked terminals of both speakers have to be connected to the same designated (both + or both -) terminal on the amplifier.

Greetings from Austria - charly49
Re: Rockola Princess 1493 & Stereo Speakers
13.12.11 14:58
Many Thanks Charly49,

At the moment I just want to try some speakers to make sure the amp works OK in stereo. The speakers I have are 6 ohm not 8 as previously advised, so I guess they are OK just to try.

I hope to build my own stereo speakers after christmas using Jensen 8" (16 or 8 ohm) speakers with peizo horn tweeter.

Thanks,

ourjets

In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in