Wurlitzer Lyric 1979 Restoration Problems

geschrieben von - posted by Cquadphil 
Wurlitzer Lyric 1979 Restoration Problems
24.01.23 00:30
Hi all, I've just started to restore a 1979 Wurlitzer Lyric. I want to get the mechanism working first before fixing the cosmetic problems.

the machine powers up Ok with the lights working. If I trip the credit switch the credit is registered in the accumulator unit with the cog wheel moving. The input keys latched and it seemed to load in a selection. At that point I could hear a motor turning and something slipping but the record carrier was not turning. I discovered this was because the whole mechanism had fallen off the springs and was touching the back wall of the cabinet. I lifted the mechanism back into position and when I turned it back on the carrier started to turn. It did not however stop. It keeps turning and at one part of the cycle both the M3 record latch solenoid and the M6 A/B side solenoid pulse but the carrier keeps turning.

Reading the manual it looks like the record carrier is meant to be stopped at the selection by the M3 solenoid energising and the m3 switch then cutting power to the carrier motor and starting the gripper sequence. I have removed and checked the m3 switch, it was OK, replaced it and it was still the same.

Does anyone have any idea why the record carrier will not stop at the selected record.

Thanks

Philip
Re: Wurlitzer Lyric 1979 Restoration Problems
24.01.23 01:37
Ich hoffe ich hab den Fehler Richtig verstanden .

Wahlstift wird geschossen aber die Suchnase läuft darüber hinweg .

Entweder sind die Brünierten Wahlstifte Rostig so das der Kontakt zu Masse wenn die Suchnase daran vorbei läuft zu kurz ist oder der Rastmagent am Korb fällt zu spät ab so das die Kerbe schon zu weit ist und der Arm nicht in die Kerbe fallen kann .
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in