Continental 1 Amp Speaker Connections

geschrieben von - posted by Jethro 
Continental 1 Amp Speaker Connections
06.07.22 13:01
My jukebox has the R-2777 Amp with L-2156 Control Amp. There is a speaker network that connects to 4 speakers....(low frequency, high frequency, left and right). My question is: The 6 colored wires from the speaker network go to which terminals on the R-2777?
Re: Continental 1 Amp Speaker Connections
06.07.22 13:18
Does this help?
[www.jukebox-world.de]

Viele Grüße - Hildegard Stamann
07.07.22 02:23
Thank you for that reply. So it is saying connect all 4 speakers to terminals E2 and E5?
08.07.22 04:40
Finished recapping the amp and connected all four speakers to E2 and E5 as the document stated (thank you Hildegard). Sounds good. Somewhere I thought I read that the left and right speaker should be connected out of phase to sound more like stereo. Does anyone have this configured that way with a mono amplifier running left and right speakers through the speaker network, out of phase?
08.07.22 05:47
Hello Jethro,
you only need to change polarity of one side speaker to run it in opposite phase. But I doubt this will make it "sound more like stereo". In theory, the sound of the two speakers will cancel each other but due to different runtime of the sound from the speakers to the ear depending on your position in the room, you may get some other audible effects. Maybe you read about the AMI "stereo round system". This only works with the stereo amplifier, each side speaker is adding a portion of the other channel in opposite phase with the result of a widened stereo base.
Best regards Jürgen
08.07.22 12:21
Hello Jürgen:
I did find where I had read that which you say. See attachment. So I seem to have a unique AMI Continental. My unit is mono but with the Continental 2 amp R-2777. I thought the idea of Stereo Round was to make mono sound more like stereo. I also have the 4 speakers with the crossover network. Is that a unique configuration? I suppose I could invert one of the side speakers to give it a try....or not?
Jethro

08.07.22 13:32
Hello Jethro,
no, I don`t think it makes sense to try that. As I said, you need a stereo amplifier to get a "stereo round system". The R-2777 was kind of a modular design. For Mono, you plug in the L-2156 "add-on control amplifier", I think this is what you have. For a stereo round system, you need a stereo cartridge and wiring (1 channel connected in opposite phase), stereo volume potentiometer, the "R-2020 stereo "control amplifier" and a L-2728 "add-on power amplifier" which goes in place of the L-2156. The idea is not to make mono sound more like stereo but to get a better stereo effect with a wider stereo base.
Best regards Jürgen
08.07.22 14:42
Hello Jürgen:
Thanks again for the reply and the useful information. I'll enjoy my juke the way it is. It does sound good!
Take care.
Jethro
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in