rockola 437 ultra- last 3 problems to address

geschrieben von - posted by jewetttx 
rockola 437 ultra- last 3 problems to address
23.02.22 21:58
Low and behold got the thing to play a record for the first time, by flipping a pin and went through the process. It sounded terrible, so I replaced needle and it sounded a lot better, but not great. I found that the upper right speaker was not working and switched it to the left to see if it had output on that side and it did. So both speakers work, but must be a problem with the right side wiring I suspect, or they are not balanced? Bottom speakers both working but again no good sound. Lot of static and crackling overall, but of course these speakers are old and delicate. What do I need to look for here in sound improvement? Next, the credit assembly has seemed to quit working. I get continuity in everything I have checked inside of this assembly but notice the spring-loaded slide switch is not engaging or energizing the free plays no longer where it did at the first of this venture. Its quiet when I slide the switch now with no clicking or nothing. And then when I push a selection on the front letter and number top control the letter and number stay down and dont pop back up, the record basket doesn't rotate and the write in carriage assembly will just spin continuously until I hit the reject switch which will bring it to a stop. I don't know if it is going to be a problem with the write in carriage assembly, or the letters and numbers selection mechanism or both. I take it the credit assembly has a lot to do with this also. So as to this point i can flip a pin on the wobble plate and the jukebox will work and play a song and put it back and then go back to home position. I also noticed on the coin mechanism quit arcing when i touched the contacts together to mimic coins dropping. They were arcing previously. I took this coin mechanism out and cleaned it with soap and water as I suspect someone poured coke down the chute(slot) probably because it took someone's money and gave no song or maybe just for meanness. Cant believe Ive got this far, but only with the help of you guys! So now guys what do I need to look at or address. I feel I am getting close.
Re: rockola 437 write in arm spinning even with service switch turned to off-
27.02.22 23:06
Hey guys....still trying to figure out why my rockola 437 write in arm wont stop from spinning. I recently recleaned contacts on the stop relay trying to figure it out by process of elimination and now the write in arm keeps spinning even with the service switch turned to off. even when i unplug the jukebox and plug it back in the write in arm will start spinning again even in the off position. i suspect it to be a bad stop relay that was going out and now maybe completely out. when the write in arm is spinning nonstop i can push the stop relay down with a screw driver and it will stop the write in arm from spinning and if i let off it will start spinning again. any suggestions? anybody know where i can get another. rockola stop relay part 34739-1
Re: rockola 437 ultra- last 3 problems to address
28.02.22 15:22
Welcome back !
The write-in sequence is working independent from the position of the service switch, that's ok. The write-in motor is started by contact K3-1 of the write-in relay. The relay engages after a letter pushbutton and a number pushbutton has locked. It should be off after switching off the box because the pushbuttons should be released when power is off. If the write-in relay is off after switching on the box, check if contact K3-1 is open.
Rgds Juergen
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in