Seeburg 3W1 serial number

geschrieben von - posted by Erik 
Seeburg 3W1 serial number
25.06.21 11:59
My Seeburg 3W1 wallbox has serial number 25655. I know that model was manufactured from 1949-1958, but is there any way to pinpoint the exact year it was made? It has a chrome finish with white buttons.
Thank you.
Re: Seeburg 3W1 serial number
26.06.21 17:43
So, after doing some additional reading, it seems that Seeburg made it damn near impossible to determine the year of manufacture with the serial number. All part of the government's law suit against Seeburg for antitrust, evidently. Oh well, at least I have the approximate range.
Re: Seeburg 3W1 serial number
11.07.21 16:38
Dear Erik,

You did research right: Drawing conclusions from serial number to year of production, Seeburg made it very difficult resp. impossible.
They used four, five and six digit ranges for the same model.
If they counted straight step by step upwards - who knows, most likely not.
They were involved in many law issues.

But still, I have an idea if there is a system behind for wallboxes 3W1 chrome finish with white buttons
4 digit numbers: Used in 1949.
5 digit numbers: Started in 1950 with any number 10xxx. With each year the number increased to 20xxx, 30xxx, etc.
6 digit number: Started too in 1950 with 100xxx. With each year the number increased to 111xxx, 112xxx, etc.
I just have no real idea about numbers up to 222xxx. Unless they produced longer (1962) or did produce so many still in 1959, that they needed a larger number range.

With my idea your 3W1 would be a 1952 model. But this is just my idea - no proof about that.

Kind regards - Hildegard
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in