rockola selector problem

geschrieben von - posted by bopper 
rockola selector problem
10.04.21 16:22
Hi
i am having a selector problem with my 430, if i select any selection on A3 to K3 the box selects the correct letter but at 0 example select C3 then C0 is selected and so-on from A3 to K3 all correct letter but 0, if A0 to K0 is selected these are played correctly it is the A3 thro to K3 that not selected .the printed circuits on the wooble plate have been cleaned, all other sections are ok, any thoughts

cheers

mick
Re: rockola selector problem
14.04.21 08:22
Ich könnte mir nur vorstellen das die Kabelverbindung von 3 im Tastatur Stecker abgerissen ist und an 0 liegt .
14.04.21 16:46
Hi Swen, i have checked all the connections and they are all ok and all the select buttons operate ok
i cannot understand the problem , so thanks for your input

cheers
mick

Hallo Swen, ich habe alle Verbindungen überprüft und sie sind alle in Ordnung und alle Auswahltasten funktionieren in Ordnung
Ich kann das Problem nicht verstehen, also danke für deine Eingabe

Prost
mick
15.04.21 14:10
Hello Mick,
no problems with selections A4-K4 ?
The selector is organized in 5 segments, each segment has 10 stop positions.
I cannot imagine any failure that makes A3-K3 stop at A0-K0 but works for A4-K4 both sharing the same wire.
If there is a short between sector 3-4 and sector 9-0, then it would stop either in sector 3-4 or 9-0 depending on the previous position.
If the wire for sector 3-4 is loose and connecting to sector 9-0 (as Swen suggested), selections A4-K4 would have the same problem.
Regards Jürgen

Sorry for the poor picture, shortly after Eastern, I cannot draw round circles smiling smiley

15.04.21 18:06
Hi Jurgen , thanks for the info,since i posted i have opend the male / female 21 pin jones plug and cleaned the pins and it has made a difference , when selecting a3 thro to k3 these now select correctly
there is one thing that is happening now, if i select D5 this is selected and plays after it is returned to the basket F5 is selected and played without being selected as is H5 if F5 is selected but this does not use a credit so i get 2plays with one selection ,hope you can follow my explaination

cheers
mick

Hallo Jürgen, danke für die Info, seit ich gepostet habe habe ich den 21-poligen Jones-Stecker geöffnet und die Pins gereinigt und es hat einen Unterschied gemacht, wenn ich a3 bis k3 auswähle, wählen diese jetzt richtig aus
Es gibt eine Sache, die jetzt passiert, wenn ich D5 auswähle, wird diese ausgewählt und abgespielt, nachdem sie in den Warenkorb zurückgelegt wurde. F5 wird ausgewählt und gespielt, ohne ausgewählt zu werden, ebenso wie H5, wenn F5 ausgewählt ist, aber dies verwendet kein Guthaben, so dass ich es bekomme 2 Spiele mit einer Auswahl, hoffe du kannst meiner Erklärung folgen

Prost
mick
15.04.21 19:46
Sounds like two adjacent pins are set with one stroke of the hammer coil. Check if the coils are aligned correctly to the pins and if the bulb in the credit unit is flashing when the write-in motor stops.
Rgds Jürgen
15.04.21 20:18
HI Jurgen, thanks, i will check that tomorrow and will post results , grateful for help again Jurgen

regards

mick

Hallo Jürgen, danke, ich werde das morgen überprüfen und Ergebnisse veröffentlichen, dankbar für die Hilfe, Jürgen

Grüße

mick
16.04.21 14:33
Hi Jurgen and all, i have adjusted the write -in carriage it seems ok now, i have selected every record both A and B side all of them from A1 to K0 made the correct selection so i thought happy days, put the JB back together closed the top door selected E3 to check and the box played E0 so i'm back to square one, i'm wondering if there is a problem with the wires in the harness from the selector panel and with opening/closing the top door it is causing the fault on the sharp bend between door and top of cabinet
i will carry on investagating

cheers
mick

Hallo Jürgen und alle, ich habe den Einschreibewagen angepasst, es scheint jetzt in Ordnung zu sein. Ich habe jeden Datensatz sowohl auf der A- als auch auf der B-Seite ausgewählt. Alle von A1 bis K0 haben die richtige Auswahl getroffen, also dachte ich mir glückliche Tage, setze den JB wieder zusammen schloss die obere Tür ausgewählt E3 zu überprüfen und die Box spielte E0, so dass ich wieder auf Platz eins bin. Ich frage mich, ob es ein Problem mit den Drähten im Kabelbaum von der Auswahlplatte und mit dem Öffnen / Schließen der oberen Tür gibt verursacht den Fehler in der scharfen Biegung zwischen Tür und Schrankoberseite
Ich werde weiter investieren

Prost
mick
17.04.21 08:38
bopper
... i have selected every record both A and B side all of them from A1 to K0 made the correct selection so i thought happy days...
mick

You must be careful with this test. If you tested all combinations in ascending order, this test will not detect shorts between sectors because the write in motor moves only a short way from one position to the next without crossing sectors. If you test for example E5 followed by E4, then the motor moves across other sectors and could stop in a wrong sector if contacts are prepared by a short circuit. You can check for sector shorts by measuring the resistance between the orange wires at the number keypad.

Rgds
Jürgen
17.04.21 13:36
HI Jurge, i did test in ascending so i understand what you mean ,i will test as you say, do i need to unplug

the jones and the 12 pin plug from the selector unit before doing the resistance test , should this be an open circuit across the orange wires, thanks again for all the help

i have just selected E5 followed by E4 and both selected, ok does this help?

cheers
mick

HI Jurge, ich habe aufsteigend getestet, damit ich verstehe, was du meinst. Ich werde testen, wie du sagst. Muss ich den Stecker ziehen?
ch habe gerade E5 gefolgt von E4 ausgewählt und beide ausgewählt. OK, hilft das?

Die Jones und der 12-polige Stecker von der Wähleinheit vor dem Widerstandstest sollten ein offener Stromkreis über die orangefarbenen Drähte sein. Nochmals vielen Dank für die Hilfe

Prost
mick

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 17.04.21 13:54.
17.04.21 14:50
Yes, all orange wires should be open circuit to the others orange wires. You measure between 9/0 and 7/8, 9/0 and 5/6, 9/0 and 3/4, 9/0 and 1/2 , then 7/8 to 5/6, 7/8 to 3/4 and so on. The jones connector should be plugged in for this test. In case you find a short, you can pull the connector to check if the short is in the upper cable or in the lower cable.
I had hoped that the test E4 after E5 shows a problem, but it doesn`t - maybe there is another problem that we both don't understand yet smiling smiley
Regards Jürgen

17.04.21 15:07
Hi Jurgen, your a gentleman thankyou for the photo and the info on how to check i will do the resistance tests tomorrow and post the findings, grateful for all the help and your time

regards
mick

Hallo Jürgen, Sie sind ein Gentleman, danke für das Foto und die Informationen, wie Sie überprüfen können. Ich werde morgen die Widerstandstests durchführen und die Ergebnisse veröffentlichen, dankbar für all die Hilfe und Ihre Zeit

Grüße
mick
19.04.21 08:24
Hi Jurgen
i have done the resistance test between the 5 wires (all combinations) and they all open circuits between
so no sign of short circuits on this test, so do the results help solve the problem

regards

mick

Hallo Jürgen
Ich habe den Widerstandstest zwischen den 5 Drähten (alle Kombinationen) durchgeführt und sie alle öffnen Stromkreise zwischen
Bei diesem Test gibt es keine Anzeichen von Kurzschlüssen. Die Ergebnisse helfen also, das Problem zu lösen

Grüße

mick
19.04.21 15:24
At least your measurement proofs my theory wrong smiling smiley I am running out of ideas...
Maybe you need to make more tests.
Does it really always stops on a 0 if you select a 3 ?
Never seen any other incorrect selections?
Please post your results, maybe someone can spot the real failure from this.
Regards Jürgen
20.04.21 09:15
HI Jurgen and all

carried out more tests and these are the results

Hallo Jürgen und alle

führte weitere Tests durch und dies sind die Ergebnisse

ausgewählt plattiert

selected plated
G1 G0
E2 E0
D3 D0
H4 H0
F5 F0
B6 B6
A7 A7
C8 C8
F9 F9
E0 E0 selected a few more 1 to5 all played 0's

cheers
mick

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 20.04.21 09:17.
20.04.21 12:43
Gehen wir mal den unwahrscheinlichsten Dingen nach . Wo liest du die Wahl ab , vom Aufkleber auf dem Korb oder im Anzeigefenster vom Popularitätszähler ? Die Plattenmagazin steht in Ruhestellung aber schon auf dem freien Feld oben unter dem Platten Greifarm so das A1 das erste Fach hinter dem Greifer als erstes angefahren wird ?

Prüf mal Bitte die Wahlen von A1 bis A0 .

A1=
A2=
A3=
bis
A0=

Ich Überleg die ganze Zeit ob es möglich ist den Selektor falsch einzubauen oder ob der Korb sich so Zerlegen lässt das man diesen Falsch zusammenbauen könnte ? Selbst Falsch aufgesteckte Tasten können kaum so ein Fehlerbild verursachen es sei denn sie sind ganz Unlogisch eingesetzt . Tasten Anordnung ist genauso wie auf der Abbildung im Archiv ? [www.jukebox-world.de]
20.04.21 14:34
Hi Swen thanks for input, i check record playing by the window,by basket no and i know which order the records are in,yes A1 is the first record after home position, i have done the test you suggest i am not sure
how to find the info and pics on archive pages
A1=A0
A2=A0
A3-A0
A4=A0
A5=A0
A6=A6
A7=A7
A8=A8
A9=A9
a0=a0
Hallo Swen, danke für die Eingabe. Ich überprüfe die Wiedergabe der Schallplatten am Fenster, nach Korb Nr. Und ich weiß, in welcher Reihenfolge sich die Schallplatten befinden. Ja, A1 ist die erste Schallplatte nach der Ausgangsposition. Ich habe den Test durchgeführt, den Sie vorschlagen, ich bin mir nicht sicher
wie man die Infos und Bilder auf Archivseiten findet
A1 = A0
A2 = A0
A3-A0
A4 = A0
A5 = A0
A6 = A6
A7 = A7
A8 = A8
A9 = A9
a0 = a0

Community-verified icon

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 20.04.21 14:39.
21.04.21 14:55
Hello mick

I've read through the story. The malfunction can hardly be explained by an accidental short circuit. Maybe there is a mechanical cause. It is possible that some buttons (1, 2, 3 and maybe also 4 and 5) do not stay engaged. This can happen if the locking mechanism is not set correctly. Normally nothing should be selected in this case, the write-in motor would run forever. To prevent this, the last key (the 0) is bypassed on many keyboards so that "0" is selected if no pushbutton is pressed.

There might be further possibilities for errors if the jukebox is equipped with a stepper (for operation with a wallbox), regardless of whether it is used or not.

Best regards - charly49
21.04.21 15:18
HIi Charly49, thanks for your input

the buttons definitely lock in when pressed, my 430 does not have a stepper, as the selection buttons sometimes select the correct record i am wondering if the number buttons are not always making contact with the slide contacts inside the number board,maybe i need to strip the board and check contacts inside
not something to look foward too

cheers

Hallo Charly49, danke für deine Eingabe

Die Tasten rasten definitiv ein, wenn sie gedrückt werden. Mein 430 hat keinen Stepper, da die Auswahltasten manchmal den richtigen Datensatz auswählen. Ich frage mich, ob die Zifferntasten nicht immer Kontakt mit den Schiebekontakten in der Nummerntafel haben, vielleicht muss ich Entfernen Sie die Platine und überprüfen Sie die Kontakte im Inneren
nicht etwas, das man auch nach vorne schauen könnte

Prost
21.04.21 16:46
Hello Mick,
I think Charlie49 is right, the bypass is the only explanation that all incorrect stops are on a 0.
Try to adjust the locking point of the number keypad. When you open the 2 screws, you can move the bar. In one direction, it won`t lock anymore, in the other direction it locks easily but the keys may move back too much when you release it and not make a safe contact anymore.
If you need to remove the PCB for cleaning, be careful, the PCB holders break very easily.
Regards
Jürgen

21.04.21 18:16
Hi Jurgen & Charly49
i wil carry out the adjustments as described and post results hope this is the answer i do not fancy stripping the boards, thanks to both i will let you know results

regards
mick

Hallo Jürgen & Charly49
Ich werde die Anpassungen wie beschrieben durchführen und die Ergebnisse veröffentlichen. Ich hoffe, dies ist die Antwort. Ich habe keine Lust, die Bretter zu entfernen. Dank beidem werde ich Sie über die Ergebnisse informieren

Grüße
22.04.21 13:21
Hi Jurgen / Charly49 +interseted parties

carried out the adjustments to the lock bar but no change, so i removed the 12pin plug from credit unit and unplugged the jones plug, i then plugged in a spare (old) selector button assembly, leaving it loose on the side of the JB, i made a few selections and they al selected properly,so i have removed the exsisting button assembly completly so it is easier to work on ,any info on how to test the assembly now it is out of the box would be really helpful

cheers + regards

mick

Hallo Jürgen / Charly49 + interseted Parteien

führte die Einstellungen an der Verriegelungsstange durch, aber keine Änderung, also entfernte ich den 12-poligen Stecker von der Krediteinheit und zog den Jones-Stecker heraus. Dann steckte ich eine (alte) Ersatzwahlknopfbaugruppe ein und ließ sie an der Seite des JB locker. Ich habe ein paar Auswahlen getroffen und sie wurden alle richtig ausgewählt, daher habe ich die vorhandene Tastenbaugruppe vollständig entfernt, damit sie einfacher zu bearbeiten ist. Alle Informationen zum Testen der Baugruppe, sobald sie sofort einsatzbereit ist, wären sehr hilfreich

Prost + Grüße

mick
23.04.21 07:50
Hello Mick,
to test the keyboard outside the box, hold down the lock bar solenoid to lock the key when you measure the contact resistance. Make sure you cover all contacts with the measurements. For example measure the resistance between the 2 points on my picture when you push 5 or 6, and so on...
It`s easier to go by the small schematics in the manual, on the big schematic you will find cable colors but unfortunatly not all switches and cables are drawn.
Regards
Jürgen

23.04.21 08:20
Hi Jurgen
i will follow your info for the testing, you are right about the schematic not much speci on this portion of the JB, should the resistance between these points be low when button is operated and N/O when not
thanks again for your help will post findings
regards
mick

Hallo Jürgen
Ich werde Ihren Informationen für den Test folgen, Sie haben Recht mit dem Schaltplan, der nicht viel über diesen Teil des JB spezifiziert, sollte der Widerstand zwischen diesen Punkten niedrig sein, wenn die Taste betätigt wird, und N / O, wenn nicht
Nochmals vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe wird Ergebnisse veröffentlichen
Grüße
mick
26.04.21 13:00
Hi Jurgen
i have done some tests on the selection assembly but i don't think i am doing this correctly, i found that between the 5 parts 1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8 9/0 and the corresponding terminals below open circuits, if i then push say number 1 button this now closes between part 1/2 only , then push no 2 button and this closes again across part 1/2 but also terminal for numner1button ,this is the same thro to 7/8 section,but between section 9/0 and terminals for no 9 + 0 butons are closed all the time (see photo arrowed) there is no circuit between the top 2 prewired connections on any button, you probably will not be able to follow this explaination
26.04.21 13:59
Hello Mick,
you are right I cannot follow your explanation.
In the meantime, I found a schematic which shows all wire colors and the bypass making it easier for me to explain:
Each number pushbutton operates a 2P2T switch. All NC (normally closed) contacts are connected in series to the next button.
Because of the bypass, when no button is pushed, you should measure on the "3rd level" a good connection (a few Ohms) between TAN-GREEN and GREEN and "open circuit between TAN-GREEN and GREEN-WHITE and on the "2nd level" connection between GRAY-YELLOW and ORN-BLK and "open circuit" between GRAY-YELLOW and the other segment wires ORANGE, ORN-RED...

When you push for example #5, you should measure connection from TAN-GREEN to GREEN-WHITE and from GRAY-YELLOW to ORN-WHITE but no longer between GRAY-YELLOW and ORN-BLK.

When you make the measurement, it is important that you lock the keys by holding down the lock bar solenoid and not push the keys all the way with the finger to make sure you get the same contact movement like in real operation. Since you got different results with open and closed box, make the test with the keyboard assembly in upright position. Maybe your locking mechanism ist still not working correcty or the contacts need better cleaning.

Best regards
Jürgen

PS: Please note my update. Previous schematic from 429 was wrong I guess. It makes no sense to have onyl one bypass on the segment switches. This one is from 431.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 26.04.21 18:16.

26.04.21 18:56
Hi Jurgen
thanks for your help and patience , i will now carry out the tests as per your instructions , one point ,is the schematic for the 431 the same for the 430 ? i will make sure the buttons lock down when testing ,i may energise the solenoid so they are properly locked , i will post results when complted , thanks again
i owe you a few beers

regards
mick

Hallo Jürgen
Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe und Geduld. Ich werde jetzt die Tests gemäß Ihren Anweisungen durchführen. Ein Punkt: Ist der Schaltplan für den 431 der gleiche für den 430? Ich werde sicherstellen, dass die Tasten beim Testen verriegeln. Ich kann den Magneten mit Strom versorgen, damit sie richtig verriegelt sind. Ich werde Ergebnisse veröffentlichen, wenn sie fertig sind. Nochmals vielen Dank
Ich schulde dir ein paar Biere

Grüße
mick

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 26.04.21 18:57.
27.04.21 06:18
Hello Mick, I don`t have a schematic of the 430 but all keyboards for this selector have the same electrical function. The only difference on the schematics is the bypass which seems not conistent across the different models. If all contacts are working correctly, the bypass is not relevant for the function, it is only a fallback selection in case the keys do not lock properly. (Wrong selection is better than no selection) Nevertheless, it can be very confusing when you do the measurements. Let me know what bypasses you find in your 430. My 1484 (1960) shows no bypasses on the schematic but they are already there.
Best regards Jürgen
27.04.21 08:47
Hi Jurgen

i think what is confusing me is the "bypass" is this the soldered link at the 9/0 end between the top end terminal and the terminal below, ditto the 2 terminals on the bottom 2 rows off connections, i tried sending photo but it does not allow because of the size or i am doing it wrong, anyway i will do the testing as you describe and post findings, hopefully

thanks again

regards

mick

Hallo Jürgen

Ich denke, was mich verwirrt, ist der "Bypass". Dies ist die Lötverbindung am 9/0-Ende zwischen dem oberen Endanschluss und dem Anschluss darunter. Ebenso die 2 Anschlüsse an den unteren 2 Reihen von den Anschlüssen. Ich habe versucht, ein Foto zu senden, aber es erlaubt nicht wegen der Größe oder ich mache es falsch, trotzdem werde ich die Tests machen, wie Sie beschreiben und Ergebnisse veröffentlichen, hoffentlich

Danke noch einmal

Grüße

mick
27.04.21 09:55
Hello Mick,
the "bypass" is just a short piece of wire soldered between the NC and NO Pin of Button 0.
(red circles on the right in my last picture)
Best regards
Jürgen
29.04.21 10:46
Hi Jurgen thanks to your drawing and testing order i completed all the tests as in your posting and everything test out as you say, on the closed contacts a minimum resistance, open contacts fine, so i cannot understand the problem as all the test are ok

regards
mick

Hallo Jürgen, dank deiner Zeichnungs- und Testreihenfolge habe ich alle Tests wie in deinem Beitrag abgeschlossen und alles getestet, wie du sagst, auf den geschlossenen Kontakten einen minimalen Widerstand, offene Kontakte in Ordnung, also kann ich das Problem nicht verstehen, da alle Tests in Ordnung sind

Grüße
mick

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 29.04.21 10:51.
29.04.21 14:02
Hello Mick,
just to reconfirm:
- the box works ok with another keyboard assembly?
- you made the measurements in upright position and locked keys like in "real operation" ?
- Tan-Green to Green is "short" without a key pressed or 0,8,6,4,2 pressed ?
- Grey-Yellow to ORN/BLK is "short" without key pressed or 9 or 0 pressed but "open" for all other key ?
If you confirm all this, you may have some kind of intermittent problem which is always difficut to find.
You can check the letter keyboard in same way although I cannot imagine how this can cause the failure you describe.
Best regards
Jürgen

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 29.04.21 15:32.
29.04.21 15:09
Hi Jurgen
test readigs
yes the JB works 100% with the other keyboard, the tests are,
tan/green to green closed (short) and opens when 9,7,5,3,1 are pressed but is closed when 2,4,6,8,are pressed

green/yellow to org/blk closed, closed when 9 / 0 pressed ,open when buttons 1 to 8 are pressed

are these readings correct ?
cheers
mick

Hallo Jürgen
Test Readigs
ja das JB funktioniert 100% mit der anderen Tastatur, die Tests sind,
tan / green to green geschlossen (kurz) und öffnet sich, wenn 9,7,5,3,1 gedrückt werden, wird aber geschlossen, wenn 2,4,6,8 gedrückt werden

grün / gelb bis org / blk geschlossen, geschlossen, wenn 9/0 gedrückt wird, offen, wenn die Tasten 1 bis 8 gedrückt werden

Sind diese Messwerte korrekt?
Prost
mick
29.04.21 15:33
Yes, correct, mistake was on my mail smiling smiley - now corrected.
Running out of ideas.
Rgds Jürgen
29.04.21 18:24
Hi Jurgen

so am i , but i must say a big thanks for all your inut and time spent trying to sort it out a great help,
would doing tests on the letter side be worth while ?

cheers and regards

mick
Hallo Jürgen

Ich auch, aber ich muss mich ganz herzlich für all Ihre Mühe und Zeit bedanken, die Sie damit verbracht haben, eine große Hilfe zu finden.
Würde es sich lohnen, Tests auf der Briefseite durchzuführen?

Prost und Grüße

mick
29.04.21 19:15
Hi Mick and Jürgen,
I have an additional idea:
Where did you do your measurements? Directly on the keyboard or on the connector, where the keyboard is connected to the rest of the jukebox? Maybe there is a broken wire?
And what else you can do is when the keyboard is connected to the JB you can measure all pins of the connector if there is a connection where it should be and no connection where it shouldn't. I once had the problem that one pin inside a connector didn't make a good contact because it was loose in the housing.

That's only an idea...

Grüße
Hefter
29.04.21 21:51
Hi Hefter, wecome to the problem, i have tested all the wires to the 21 pin jones plug and the 12 pim connector from the selctor button panel and all had good continuity, i could do Jurgen's tests from the connectors as a 2nd check, i have another button selector unit connected to the JB which is working 100%
so i think all the JB wires and connectors are fine,thanks for the idea and i will test from connecters and post findingds

regards
mick

Hallo Hefter, wir kommen zu dem Problem, ich habe alle Drähte zum 21-poligen Jones-Stecker und zum 12-Pim-Stecker von der Auswahltastenplatte getestet und alle hatten eine gute Kontinuität. Ich konnte Jürgens Tests von den Anschlüssen als zweite Prüfung durchführen, d.h. Lassen Sie eine andere Tastenwahleinheit an die JB anschließen, die zu 100% funktioniert
Daher denke ich, dass alle JB-Drähte und -Anschlüsse in Ordnung sind. Vielen Dank für die Idee. Ich werde sie anhand von Anschlüssen und Post-Findings testen

Grüße
mick
30.04.21 06:19
An esay free tool to reduce the volume from a picture for the forum ist tinypic .
30.04.21 06:52
Hi Mick,
I only have one more idea:
If I look at the picture sent by Jürgen on 26.4.2021: Are you sure, the the green-white cable is connected to keys 1,3,5,7,9 and the green cable is connected to keys 2,4,6,8,0? Otherwise (e.g. green-white goes to 1-5 and green goes to 6-0) this could lead to your problem.
You have a spare-keyboard-assembly which works, so why not compare the "broken" one with this spare part wire by wire.

And, because I had some problems with connectors and broken wires in the past once again:
Tripple check the pins of the connector (keyboard-assembly-side) to the JB when plugged in. Do all the keyboard-assembly-connector-pins have good contact to the JB-side and are not pushed back inside the case when the connector is plugged in? When measuring the wires between keys and connector: Bend the cables, move them in different directions watching your multi-meter. Sometimes a broken cable can only be detected when it is bent.

Grüße
Hefter

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 30.04.21 06:59.
30.04.21 08:11
Hallo Hefter
Vielen Dank für die Info, ich werde die von Ihnen erwähnten Überprüfungen durchführen und die Ergebnisse veröffentlichen

Grüße
mick

Hi Hefter
thanks for the info , i will proceed to do the checks you mention and post the findings

regards
mick
30.04.21 14:17
Hi Hefter and Jurgen
i have checked and tested the continuity of all the wires from keypad to connectors all ok, checked
green and green / white for correct position , checked soldered terminations for loose or dry joints
these all seem fine, i will plug the keyboard back into the JB and see if anything has changed regarding making the correct selection posting results

regards and thanks
mick

Hallo Hefter und Jürgen
Ich habe die Kontinuität aller Drähte von der Tastatur zu den Anschlüssen überprüft und getestet. Alle in Ordnung, überprüft
grün und grün / weiß für korrekte Position, überprüfte Lötanschlüsse auf lose oder trockene Verbindungen
Diese scheinen alle in Ordnung zu sein. Ich werde die Tastatur wieder an die JB anschließen und prüfen, ob sich etwas geändert hat, um die richtigen Ergebnisse für die Auswahl zu erzielen

Grüße und danke
mick
01.05.21 07:21
Hello Mick,
here comes my very last idea:
Maybe the number contacts are sometimes not moved by the "nose" on the lever because the lever has too much clearance to the contact plate. In this case, the key would appear to be locked correctly but no contact is made at all and the bypass will select a "0". To confirm or rule out this idea, you can cut the bypass wire and wait for the problem to come back. Without bypass, the write in motor will now run forever and you have time to check if the contact has moved.
Best regards
Jürgen

01.05.21 09:07
Hi Jurgen

your very last idea makes sense, but with the keyboard being out of the JB and easily examined i can see the slides fully moving when the lever is pushed fully in, but i cannot see if the slides are making good contact with the pinch terminals lower down, i can see the top contacts which make contact ok, to test your idea which link would i cut the tan/green or the grey/yellow or both, thanks for still thinking about the problem, have a good weekend

regards
mick

Hallo Jürgen

Ihre allerletzte Idee macht Sinn, aber da sich die Tastatur außerhalb des JB befindet und leicht zu untersuchen ist, kann ich sehen, dass sich die Schlitten vollständig bewegen, wenn der Hebel vollständig hineingedrückt wird, aber ich kann nicht sehen, ob die Schlitten einen guten Kontakt mit den unteren Klemmklemmen haben Unten kann ich die oberen Kontakte sehen, die den Kontakt in Ordnung bringen. Um Ihre Idee zu testen, welchen Link ich bräunen / grün oder grau / gelb oder beides schneiden würde. Vielen Dank, dass Sie immer noch über das Problem nachgedacht haben. Ich wünsche Ihnen ein gutes Wochenende

Grüße
01.05.21 09:59
Hi Mick,
don't cut the tan/green or the grey/yellow cable!!
What Jürgen means is cutting the connection of NO-Contact and NC-Contact for Key "0" on number push-button switch 3rd level. There should exist an short wire directly on the key. Only key "0" has this connection which is called "bypass". I attached Jürgens picture where the bypass is marked red - the 2 red circles on the right side of the picture. Don't cut anywhere else.

And another thing: Don't trust your eyes, only trust your multi-meter smiling smiley
Contacts often "looks" they are ok, but if you do measurements there are sometimes about 10, 100 or even 1000 Ohms or more. A good contact is made when you press the key and your multi-meter shows less than 1 Ohm.
With the bypass open: Pressing keys 1,3,5,7, or 9 you should measure LESS THAN 1 OHM between tan-green and green white AND NO RESISTANCE (most of muli-meters show "OL") between tan-green and green.

As Jürgen mentioned: After connecting the keyboard with opened bypass to the JB (assuming a key not contacting properly) the write in motor will now run forever and you have time to check if the contact has moved and making good contact.

Grüße
Hefter

01.05.21 18:20
Hi Hefter
again thanks , i can safely say i would not have cut any cables only the short link, which you call the bypass, all the tests i have carried out for NO + NC connections have all shown good readings ohm wise all the NC are less than 1 ohm, NO contacts when closed via the button again excellent readings no resistance ,
after further scrutinising the soldered joints i have re-soldered a couple which i was not happy with,
i have a spare numbers push button board complete with frame which i have tested and all tests and readings are the same as the one from the JB, i will test in the JB after the weekend and post any results
thanks for your interest and help

best regards
mick
Hallo Hefter
Nochmals vielen Dank, ich kann mit Sicherheit sagen, dass ich keine Kabel abgeschnitten hätte, nur die kurze Verbindung, die Sie als Bypass bezeichnen. Alle Tests, die ich für NO + NC-Verbindungen durchgeführt habe, haben alle gute Messwerte gezeigt. Ohm, alle NC sind kleiner als 1 Ohm, KEINE Kontakte beim Schließen über den Knopf wieder hervorragende Messwerte kein Widerstand,
Nach weiterer Prüfung der Lötstellen habe ich ein Paar neu gelötet, mit dem ich nicht zufrieden war.
Ich habe eine Ersatztasten-Drucktastenplatine mit einem Rahmen, den ich getestet habe, und alle Tests und Messwerte sind die gleichen wie die von JB. Ich werde nach dem Wochenende in der JB testen und alle Ergebnisse veröffentlichen
Vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse und Ihre Hilfe

freundliche Grüße
mick
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in