What is this

geschrieben von - posted by vellu 
What is this
01.12.20 10:29
I couldn't find on google what this is , and what would be a replacement?
Thank you in advance.
R.vellu

Re: What is this
01.12.20 10:39
Google says it's a Signetics S306A NPN audio power amplifier transistor in a TO66 case and that NTE175 is a replacement.
01.12.20 11:29
Für welche Anwendung ?
01.12.20 14:10
thanks for the answers, it's from Rowe MM1's R3680A amplifier (voltage supply) and in finish :)
kiitos vastauksista, se on Rowe MM1 :n R3680A vahvistimesta (jännitteen syötöstä)
01.12.20 15:52
Marc ,please tell me how did you found it ,can you copy the title site to me ,thanks
01.12.20 16:33
Well, it's probably a transistor, as this was a common case (TO66) for transistors. Enter "S306A transistor" into google and there you are smiling smiley
01.12.20 17:16
Thank you, there don't seem to be any specs for the s306a, :(
01.12.20 17:41
Hallo V,
you will find a 3 page datasheet for the NTE175 in the google result.
What else do you need?
Regards PitinWHV.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 01.12.20 17:48.
01.12.20 18:54
Der Kollege hat wahrscheinlich das Problem das er diesen blöden NTE Ersatztransistor genau so wenig in Finland bekommt wie den S306A . Ich denke mit einem 2N Typ wäre ihm mehr geholfen . Ich geh nacher mal die Jäger Liste befragen .
02.12.20 07:46
Hello vellu

S306A is not a Signetics type designation, it is the old RoweAMI Part Number. According to the service manual it is a 2N3054. The type is not particularly critical, the transistor is only used as a series regulator for the power supply of the preamplifier.

Best regards - charly49
02.12.20 09:32
Thanks Charly 49H, Swen and others

This explains many things to me, I also researched the wiring diagram and was wondering about the S306A number. But but, what could be the reason that the resistor R69 heats up and also the terminal transistors are too hot if it is on a while but works yes.

What do you suggest "s306a" instead of having the same housing?
02.12.20 11:30
Ich hab da was im Kopf das es bei Rowe mal ein Merkblatt gab wo ein Heizender Lastwiderstand angesprochen wurde . Problem waren da die Siebelkos . Die sollten ersetzt werden weil diese einen zu hohen Ladestrom hatten . Ich müsste da aber erst nach Suchen vielleicht hat da aber jemand anderes das besser im Kopf .
02.12.20 16:04
Hello vellu

In normal operation the voltage drop across R69 is 11 volts, so the power is around 0.21 watts. Hence the resistor cannot get hot.

If R69 gets hot, that means that either the Zener diode Z1 or the capacitor C60 are short-circuited. In this case the voltage on R69 is 38 volts, so the power is around 2.6 watts.If you replaced the Z1, it could also be polarized incorrectly. In the circuit diagram (at least in mine) it is drawn incorrectly. The cathode must be connected to R69.

The transistor is very rarely broken, the Zener diode is probably the cause of the error.

Best regards - charly49
03.12.20 07:32
vellu
But but, what could be the reason that the resistor R69 heats up and also the terminal transistors are too hot if it is on a while but works yes.

Hallo, ich interpretiere diese Übersetzung so, dass der Verstärker funktioniert aber R69 und Q55? nach einer Weile im Betrieb zu heiss werden ??

Wenn aber Z1 oder C60 Kurzschluss hätten bzw. die Diode falsch eingebaut wäre, würde der Verstärker gar nicht laufen. Daher wäre meine Vermutung, dass entweder C60 keine Kapazität mehr hat oder Q55 zu wenig Stromverstärkung liefert. (defekt, falscher Typ eingebaut ?). Nach dem 26.5V Regler gibt es keine weiteren Elkos, d.h. die Treiberströme beider Kanäle (Primärströme der Trafos) fliessen über Q55 und damit muss auch der entsprechende Basisstrom bereitgestellt werden. Wenn C66 keine Kapazität mehr hat oder die Stromverstärkung von Q55 zu klein ist, erhöht sich der Strom durch R69. Dazu addieren sich noch die Ströme der 24V Versorgung und der Zenerstrom durch Z1. Wenn dabei die Spannung unter unter 27V fällt, erhöht sich die Verlustleistung in R69 und Q55.

Oder die Zenerdiode hat keine 27V - zur Abwechslung mal einfach gedacht smiling smiley

Man müsste die Spannung an der Basis von Q55 im Betrieb (mit und ohne Ausio Signal) messen um zu sehen ob der Regler richtig funktioniert.

Gruss
Jürgen
03.12.20 08:59
Thanks for the good advice, I'm not very "strong" in semiconductor technology but I do measurements and I tell you where the smoke comes from :)
04.12.20 12:49
Hallo Vellu,
du könntest auf Verdacht C60,C61,Z1 und Q55 tauschen. Wenn R69 oder R70 braun/schwarz verfärbt ist, solltest du diese ebenfalls tauschen. Achtung, Z1 ist falsch herum gezeichnet, wie Charlie49 schon angemerkt hatte. Danach kannst die im Schaltplan genannten Spannungen nachmessen (38V,26.5V,24V), an der Basis von Q55 müssen es 27V sein. Sollte das dein Problem nicht lösen, gibt es weitere Fehler im Verstärker, dann können wir dir hier leider nicht mehr weiterhelfen.
Gruss
Jürgen

04.12.20 18:27
The good news, elko and zener were both broken as you thought and I put the zener in the wrong direction (of course). Thank you all very much and thank you Jürgen02 for pointing out the direction of the zener again.
Now it's playing, the other channel is a little weaker but yes yes it work and not boiling anything :) :)
15.12.20 16:09
Here again .......... :)

The channels are fine now but the amplifier's heat sink heats up really hot in the standby position, which is why?
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in