1962 Rock-Ola Princess Model 1493 - Read Out selection lever not resetting

geschrieben von - posted by Kazik 
1962 Rock-Ola Princess Model 1493 - Read Out selection lever not resetting
05.08.20 14:17
Hello,
This is my first post to this forum and i am hoping to get some help. I am restoring a 1962 Rock-Ola Princess 1493 model jukebox that was sitting not used for over 20 years. After a lot of lubricating and contact cleaning, I am at the point that i have everything working with the machine... except when the record is finished playing it will return to the carriage, but the selector pin on the "read out" disc does not get "reset" and it will travel around and re-select the same selection. If i enter 10 selections it will just repeat the same 10 selections. i manually have to move the pin to the reset position for it to stop. I do have the machine manual and electrical print, but am not that good following these electrical prints.

Can anyone provide some guidance on what to check / look for?

I appreciate your time.
Re: 1962 Rock-Ola Princess Model 1493 - Read Out selection lever not resetting
05.08.20 15:01
Hello Kazik,
the levers are reset by the "selection lever reset coils", sitting on the right side of the selector. The reset occurs right after the record is put on the turntable, not after is has been returned to the magazine. In the manual, look for the sequence called "selction lever reset". Possible causes of this failure are the following parts:
- wiper contacts on the right side of the selector / broken cable from wiper contact to coils
- #2 micro switch (sitting at the gripper camshaft)
- interlock trip contact (in the control box)
- A/B snap switch (below the service scan switch)
- defective coils (unlikely if both A and B side levers don`t reset)
Best regards
Jürgen
Re: 1962 Rock-Ola Princess Model 1493 - Read Out selection lever not resetting
13.08.20 15:12
Hello Jurgen,
Thank you very much for the advise. I am thinking it might be the interlock trip contact. There is continuity through the wiper contacts and the wire harness to the control box. #2 micro switch seems to be working fine. Unfortunately the deeper i look into things it looks that someone had done some "re-wiring" before i obtained the Jukebox.

I appreciate your response and help

Best regards,
Kazik
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in