Seeburg V200

geschrieben von - posted by lashlaru 
Seeburg V200
06.06.20 19:13
Hi all, any advice would be much appreciated.
I am looking to buy a Seeburg either a V200 or VL200. Apart from the colour does anybody know which is the better version?
I am assuming the VL as it came out a year later.
Prices seem to be around the same for both models.
Thanks in advance.
Cle
Re: Seeburg V200
06.06.20 20:17
Hi lashlaru,

technically they are pretty similar. The V200 came with the TSR1 Tormat Receiver, which some consider less reliable than the TSR3 that was introduced with the VL. The TSR1 used 2D21 tyratron tubes instead of the 2050 that was used in previous models. In the TSR3, the 2050 was used again, which may be an indicator that Seeburg wasn't happy with their decision. There are more differences between the two Tormat Receivers, but I don't really see why they would have made a big difference for the reliability.
It is relatively simple to convert a V200 to operate with a TSR3, and aparently the TSR3 was retrofitted in many V200s while they were still in Service, so if you buy one, it may well have a TSR3 installed anyway.
I have used TSR1s and TSR3s with different V200 mechanisms, and both variants worked fine.

At some point after the V200 Seeburg changed some gears in the mechanism so the carriage scans faster. I personally believe that this happened after the VL200, but I never had a VL200 mechanism, so I can't say that for sure.

Ultimately I think it comes down to the color scheme, and which one you like better.

Regards
Clemens
06.06.20 20:29
Thanks clemens,
That’s really helpful info.
Is there an easy way of telling if it has a tsr1 or tsr3 fitted?
Regards
07.06.20 14:42
TSR1 sind nicht so Laufsicher in der Aufstellung gewesen . Im wesentlichen hat man beim TSR3 2 Stück OA2 zur Stabilisierung eingesetzt und auf die ganzen 2D21 verzichtet . Es gab auch eine Umbauanleitung um das TSR1 nachzurüsten mit einer zweiten OA2 . Im Laufwagen ist auch eine kleine Änderung vorgenommen worden . Ich meine das daher TSR1 und TSR3 so nicht x Beliebig untereinander Ersetzbar waren .
Cle
08.06.20 10:34
Hallo zusammen,

nicht, dass das missverstanden wird. Um einen TSR3 an einem V Mechanismus zu verwenden, müssen Änderungen am Mechanismus vorgenommen werden.
Man braucht eine zusätzliche 100 µH Drossel, und muss zwei Drähte umlöten. Im zweiten Harold Hagen Seeburg Reference Book ist das sehr schön beschrieben. Ich habe bei meinen V Mechanismen jeweils ein Terminal mit der Drossel angebaut und muss dann nur noch die Kabel umlöten.
Wenn ich den Mechanismus mit einem TSR1 betreibe, dann bleibt eine Seite der Drossel eben frei.

Gruß
Clemens
Cle
08.06.20 10:46
Hi lashlaru,

identifying whether there is a TSR1 or a TSR3 in the box is quite simple even if you can't see many details. The TSR1 only uses tubes with a small diameter. The TSR3 uses two 2050 tubes that habe a lager diameter, so you will see smaller and larger tubes.
Even more simple would be to look for a large brown cardboard type capacitor sticking out of the Chassis. If you see this, you are looking at a TSR1.

Regards
Clemens
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in