SPRING WASHER +selector+follow-up

geschrieben von - posted by bopper 
SPRING WASHER +selector+follow-up
05.03.20 21:14
a quick question, should there be a sring washer (thrust) between the wobble plate and the retaining coller on the main shaft of the rockola 430 /1484 etc

cheers
mick
Eine kurze Frage: Sollte sich zwischen der Wobbelplatte und dem Haltekoller auf der Hauptwelle der Rockola 430/1484 usw. eine Ringscheibe (Schub) befinden?

Prost
mick

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 21.03.20 14:28.
Re: SPRING WASHER
05.03.20 21:32
Hello Mick,

a photo would help.

Kind regards - Oliver Stamann
05.03.20 22:48
Hi Oliver, i have got the actual question wrong ,what i meant is a washer between the write-in arm ad the coller which holds it in place on the shaft,
hope this makes sense, tried to attch photo but to big

regards
mick

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 05.03.20 23:12.
06.03.20 06:44
Hello Mick,
please send us that photo directly. I will add it for you.

Kind regards - Oliver Stamann
06.03.20 09:41
Here is the photo.

Kind regards - Oliver

06.03.20 11:13
thanks to Oliver for adding the photo

regards

mick
06.03.20 13:09
Hello mick

It should actually be a spring washer at this point. But I think it is not very important. It should also work if the washer is missing.

Best regards - charly49
06.03.20 14:21
Charly49

thanks for the info, there seems a little play on the write-in wiper and it catches on a couple of the select pins while rotating , would the washer go in-front or behind the wiper arm as oneway would keep it in foward pressure while between the coller would keep it the backward position, thanks again

best regards

mick
06.03.20 15:08
Hello mick

The Write In Carriage should never touch the select levers, even if the arm has some axial play. The Write In Carriage does not float in the air, it lies on the selector disc with 4 runners. The runners ensure the correct distance. If there is still a touch, one of the runners may have broken off or the arm may be bent.

Best regards - charly49
06.03.20 15:47
Charly40

all the 4 runers are ok , so as you say the arm may be bent slighty ,as the mechs is out of the box i may get another arm and try that , thanks ,are 100 play arms the same apart from the diameter of the shaft hole i believe there are 2 sizes

cheers and regards

mick
06.03.20 17:03
Hello mick

You have a 100 play arm. The 160 play arm is a little longer and has a second carriage instead of the counterweight.

Best regards - charly49
06.03.20 18:07
Hi Charly49

yes mines the 100 play it's the rockola 1484 with the larger dia hole so i will get old of a spare and try that to make sure it clears the selector pins

best regards
mick
07.03.20 17:42
further to my last posting with Charly49 i have found that the wiper arm solenod lever was not catching on the select pins but on two of the nuts on the inner circle of nuts/bolts holding the wobble plates together,so after tweeing the nuts slightly it has now cleared and seems ok, another querie thogh, i have stripped and cleaned the slides ( very awkward to re-assemble) and board pinch terminals on the push button assembly and now it does not select the correct number on the basket ie select A1 on the buttons and it selects B1 any advice please

regards

mick

Nach meinem letzten Posting mit Charly49 habe ich festgestellt, dass der Magnethebel des Wischerarms nicht an den ausgewählten Stiften, sondern an zwei der Muttern im inneren Kreis der Muttern / Bolzen, die die Wobbelplatten zusammenhalten, eingeklemmt hat, also nach dem leichten Twittern der Muttern hat sich jetzt geklärt und scheint in Ordnung zu sein, ein weiteres Problem, ich habe die Objektträger (sehr umständlich wieder zusammenzubauen) und die Klemmklemmen der Platine an der Druckknopfbaugruppe abgestreift und gereinigt, und jetzt wählt sie nicht die richtige Nummer auf dem Korb aus, dh wählen Sie A1 auf den Tasten und es wählt B1 bitte einen Rat

Grüß
08.03.20 16:33
Hello mick

First you have to check whether the wrong selector lever is set or whether the right lever is set and the wrong side of the record is played.

If the wrong selector lever is set, it is due to the keyboard switches. If A1 or B1 is selected, the write in arm stops at the same point. The 1st Level of the Letter Pushbutton Switches selects the desired hammer coil. If A (or C, E, G, J) is pressed, the hammer coil for the outer row of levers is active, if B (or D, F, H, K) is pressed, it is the hammer coil for the inner row. You may have made a mistake while assembling.

Best regards - charly49
08.03.20 17:05
Thanks Charly49 for this input ,i will check the sequence as you say and find out which lever operates with the A's etc and the B's etc, it will be next week before i do the check but i will post results, thanks again

best regards

mick
21.03.20 14:26
hope everone is ok and taking care during this virus , i have a follow up on my selection issue, the buttons now select and activate the write-in solenoid plunger the current limiter flashes and then all stops , if i maually operate the wobble switch the read -out wiper turns and selects the correct pin positioned by the write-in solenoid and returns to home position ok, i checked all the relays and cleaned all contacts ,also checked the wobble solenoid wiring right up to the stop relay contacts, i tested from this point (stop relay) with 28vdc and wobble solenoid operates ok,if this stop relay is operateing which it must be because the current limiter lamp lights what can be wrong , help please before i throw it thro the widow

regards

cheers
mickch hoffe, jeder ist in Ordnung und kümmert sich um diesen Virus. Ich habe ein Follow-up zu meinem Auswahlproblem. Die Tasten wählen und aktivieren jetzt den Einschreibemagnetkolben. Der Strombegrenzer blinkt und dann stoppt alles, wenn ich den Wobble-Schalter manuell betätige Der Auslesewischer dreht sich und wählt den richtigen Stift aus, der vom Einschreibemagneten positioniert wird, und kehrt in die Ausgangsposition zurück. OK, ich habe alle Relais überprüft und alle Kontakte gereinigt. Außerdem habe ich die Verkabelung des Wobbelmagneten bis zu den Stopprelaiskontakten überprüft Von diesem Punkt an (Stopprelais) mit 28 VDC und Wobbelmagnet funktioniert einwandfrei. Wenn dieses Stopprelais funktioniert, muss es sein, weil die Strombegrenzungslampe leuchtet, was falsch sein kann. Bitte helfen Sie, bevor ich es durch die Witwe werfe

Grüße

Prost
mick
21.03.20 16:10
Hello mick

If I understand correctly, the selection now works perfectly (both A-sides and B-sides), the correct selection lever is flipped. The problem is that the magazine does not start to run after that.

The Wobble Plate Switch is responsible for starting the record magazine. This is the microswitch at the rear upper edge of the selector disc. It is activated when at least one selection lever is flipped. I suspect that this switch is poorly adjusted or defective.

Best regards - charly49
21.03.20 16:46
Hi Charly49
i have tested the micro switch and it works ok ,the wobble plate arm operates the micro switch ok if i activate the arm manually the read-out wiper revolves and finds the selected lever resets it and starts the gripper motor sequence,so the wobble solenoid is ok ,the mico switch is ok, the problem is that when the write-in selects a lever,say A-1 the lever is flipped the current limiter lamp flashes and then nothing, (it seems as if the wobble solenoid at this point is not working at the full 28vdc needed to operate it) , hope you can understand my explanation

cheers
mick
21.03.20 23:24
Hello mick

Your description confirms what I suspected. The error is due to the wobble plate switch. This must be actuated when a Selection Lever is flipped, whether through a keyboard selection or by hand.

You can easily test if it is. To do this, flip any selection lever by hand. Now the record magazine and with it the read out arm should start to rotate. If it doesn't (because the wobble plate switch hasn't switched), you push the switch by hand. The magazine will now rotate and the selected record will be placed on the turntable and played.

As soon as the record magazine has left its parking position, it is no longer necessary for the wobble plate switch to be pressed. The home switch (the contact set at the bottom of the selector disc) does its job. It causes the changer mechanism to be supplied with power until all the selected records have been played and the magazine has reached the park position.

All other operations before and after flipping the Selection lever work as they should. Only the wobble plate switch remains as a possible cause of the error.

Best regards - charly49
22.03.20 00:11
Charly49
i have done all you say,if i manually select a lever nothing occurs until i manually push the wobble switch lever which then sets off the read-out wiper this stops and cancels the selected lever causig the gripper to pick the selected record play and return it to basket and then go to the home position, so the problem is why is the wobble switch not operating when a select lever is actuated, the solenoid tests ok, i am trying to following the select sequences in the manual but don't seem to be getting anywhere, on the wiring pages for the sequences there are parts of the schematic that have links with R R against them what does this signify

regards

mick
22.03.20 01:28
Hello mick

Believe me, you only need to adjust the wobble plate switch. It must be pressed as soon as a selection lever is flipped. Everything else works well.

Best regards - charly49
22.03.20 09:46
Hi Charly49

i do beleive you, . i have no adjustment on the micro switch so it activated sooner by the wobble arm when a select lever is pressed but the wobble activater arm moves ok just not enough to press micro switch so i will sort this first , thanks for your patience

best regards

mick

i have sorted the wobble switch and all works manually odds + evens but now the push buttons are only working on the odds so i will have to go back to the drawing board

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 22.03.20 14:13.
22.03.20 14:06
Hello mick

If you loosen the screws, you can move the microswitch a few millimeters. There are also models (I think they are newer ones) that have a leaf spring mounted on the wobble plate arm. This spring can be bent to set the switch. I don't know which version you have.

Best regards - charly49
22.03.20 14:43
Hi Charly49
i have sorted the switch and replaced it as it had a high resistance across it, so all works manually both odd and even so that a big thanks for the input, the problem now is the push button selection is only working on the odds ,when selecting an even it is not actuating the outer write-in lever so a problem with the selection button assembly somewhere, thanks for your help and wash those hands!!

regards

cheers
mick
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in