Ami i100 jukebox manual . Carousel judder occasionally

geschrieben von - posted by Bill 
Ami i100 jukebox manual . Carousel judder occasionally
09.11.19 20:55
My jukebox has been playing more or less trouble free now for some while after the last problems which thankfully people helped me out on here . Appreciated ..
However just lately another intermittent problem as started . Mostly from first turning on but also after playing for awhile .
When an A side is selected the carousel stops at the required spot but odd times the carousel will judder slightly passed the record selected and the record gripper arm misses the record , which works as normal as though it was putting the record on the TT . Therefore I reject it after removing the record in the carousel to avoid hitting it and causing more damage .

It does this sometimes after selecting a few records and realizing its missed one when no sound is heard. But it can play with no problems for some time . I noticed if B sides are selected it does not seem to do it ( well its not done yet ) .

Could it be the stopper switch or contacts again ?
Its never had this problem before .
Also when A sides are selected each time a new record is selected the rocker arm seems to move more . (Maybe I have seen it more with covers not in place and if this is normal !)
Any ideas would be grateful.

Regards Bill
Re: Ami i100 jukebox manual . Carousel judder occasionally
12.11.19 10:36
Hello Bill

I think it will be on the stopping switches. As soon as the search lever with the stopping switch encounters a set selection pin, the magazine motor will be switched off and is dynamically braked. At the same time, the associated toggle shifter coil must be activated and the transfer motor must start to run.

You can check the function of the stopping switches. To do this you alternately press one of the two search levers with your hand. It would immediately pull the associated toggle shifter coil and bring the transfer switches in the correct position. At the same time, the transfer motor should start up and begin to move the gripper arm in the direction of turntable. If you release the search lever (before the gripper reaches the turntable), the transfer motor runs back to the rest position. Then do the same with the other search lever. The reaction should be immediate. If there is sometimes a time delay, replace the appropriate stopping switch.

Best regards - charly49
13.11.19 12:39
Thanks charly49,
When a get the chance I will have a look at what you say and see if any problems . At the moment its working again , but time will tell .

Thanks again
Bill
23.11.19 21:45
Hello charly49
I did what you suggested and everything seemed to operate ok . It played well for awhile then the fault occurred again .
Luckily I had a spare stopper switch and replace the suspect one with it . It seems to be working alright and stopping has it used to .
Once again thanks for your help .
Regards Bill
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in