more help with a rockola amp

geschrieben von - posted by bopper 
more help with a rockola amp
05.10.19 12:57
i have recently acquired a 41719-a rockola amp (yes another) it has been cannibilised ie input socket removed, no tubes, AVC switch missing and other bits, so first i replaced the AVC switch with new one,
i replaced the electrolitic caps including the cans, rectifier and the 850 ohm 25w candohm resistor ,
installed all the valves (stood back !) and powered up, no bangs all seemed ok but 2 EL84 and 1 ECC81
on the left side of amp did not glow all rest are ok, is there one heater circuit to all the tubes, if this is the case i can trace the circuit if not where do these tubes receive their voltage ,is this 6.3v, are the heater pins 4 +5 ? wait to hear from the experts

regards to all

cheers
mick

Ich habe vor kurzem einen 41719-a Rockola-Verstärker erworben (ja, einen anderen). Er wurde deaktiviert, dh die Eingangsbuchse wurde entfernt, keine Röhren, der AVC-Schalter fehlt und andere Bits. Zuerst habe ich den AVC-Schalter durch einen neuen ersetzt.
Ich ersetzte die elektrolitischen Kappen einschließlich der Dosen, Gleichrichter und der 850 Ohm 25W Candohm Widerstand,
installierte alle Ventile (stand zurück!) und lief an, kein Knall schien in Ordnung, aber 2 EL84 und 1 ECC81
Auf der linken Seite des Verstärkers hat nicht geleuchtet. Alle anderen Röhren sind in Ordnung. Gibt es einen Heizkreis für alle Röhren? Wenn dies der Fall ist, kann ich den Stromkreis verfolgen, wenn diese Röhren nicht ihre Spannung erhalten. Ist dies 6,3 V, warte von den Experten zu hören

Grüße an alle

Pro

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 05.10.19 22:11.
Re: more help with a rockola amp
06.10.19 07:30
Hello Mick,
tubes with the first letter E have 6.3V heating voltage. ECC81 and ECC82 are dual tubes with two 6.3V filaments. They can be used in series (12.6V between pin 4 and 5) or parallel (6.3V between pin 4/5 and 9)
Rgds Jürgen
Re: more help with a rockola amp
06.10.19 09:37
Hi Jurgen

having checked the ecc81 tube connections on the amp they are 6.3v parallel pins 4/5 linked and pin 9
as there is just the one 6.3v circuit there must be a fault between somewhere as the heater circuit is ok to most of the tubes, so that is the next test to trace it round, thanks for info (update) checked voltage at all the tubes 6.1v replaced tubes and tried again all heaters now working,could have been bad connections tubes to bases, there was a lot of dirt covering the amp when i got it so may have got in the bases, i do require an input socket for the 41710-a if anybody has one off an old amp

cheers
mick

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 06.10.19 10:14.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in