ROCKOLA 430 ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

geschrieben von - posted by bopper 
ROCKOLA 430 ELECTRICAL PROBLEM
20.02.19 17:58
Ich habe eine Rockola 430 erhalten, die TLC benötigt, der Greifer wurde vollständig beschlagnahmt und der TT in Bits. Ich habe die Greifereinheit umgebaut und dies ist nun in Ordnung (manuell), der TT scheint jetzt in Ordnung zu sein. Die JB hatte eine 120V Netzteil, das ich durch ein 230V ersetzt habe, fehlte die Curret-Begrenzerlampe in der Gutschrift, die jetzt ersetzt wurde. Wenn ich auf der JB umschaltete, läuft der TT sofort und der Korb arbeitet nicht im Scan-Modus. Ich habe dann die 3 Mikroschalter getestet alles ok überprüft cam timeing ok, ich habe die Kontrollbox und die Krediteinheit ausgetauscht, ich habe den Korbmotor und die Korbdrehungen getestet. Ich kann eine Auswahl über Tasten treffen, die nach einigen Umdrehungsstopps in den Motorstart einschaltet. Nachdem alle Ersetzungen und Überprüfungen immer noch das gleiche Problem beim Einschalten haben, wäre jede Hilfe sehr geschätzt

Prost

I've obtained a Rockola 430 that needs some TLC, the gripper was completely seized and the TT in bits. I have rebuilt the gripper unit and this works is fine (manual), the TT seems to be ok now. The JB had a 120V power supply, which I replaced with a 230V unit, missing the Curret limiter lamp in the credit, which has now been replaced. when I switched on the JB, the TT will run immediately and the basket will not revolve in scan mode. I then tested the 3 microswitches everything ok checked cam timeing ok, I have exchanged the control box and the credit unit, I have tested the basket motor and the basket revolves ok,. I can make a selection via buttons, the write in motor runs ok but makes no selection After all replacements and checks still have the same power up problem, any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

3 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 21.02.19 09:32.
Re: ROCKOLA 430 ELECTRICAL PROBLEM
21.02.19 14:52
Did you check the 28V supply ?
The "play control relay" inside the power supply unit should turn it on when you put the service switch in "scan" position.
21.02.19 15:11
As long as the jukebox is in playmode the turntable is spinning and muting of the Amp is off.

In this state the basket will not turn if you switch to scan.

Check the microswitches for misadjustment would be my suggestion.
21.02.19 15:44
thanks for the info, the play control relay is energised as soon as the box is turned on the only way to stop the TT is with the scan switch in the off position.I have tested the micro switches for n/o n/c and the seem ok also checked there secquence of operation that is also ok,but i will go over this again to be sure,
there is still the problem of the magazine not working in the scan position

danke für die Info, das Spielsteuerrelais zieht an, sobald die Box eingeschaltet wird. Der TT kann nur angehalten werden, wenn sich der Scan-Schalter in der Aus-Position befindet. Ich habe die Mikroschalter für n / on / c und das getestet ok scheint dort auch sequenziert worden zu sein, das ist auch ok, aber ich werde das noch einmal durchgehen, um sicher zu sein,
Es besteht immer noch das Problem, dass das Magazin nicht in der Scanposition arbeitet.,

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 21.02.19 15:49.
21.02.19 16:00
make sure the gripper is in the "home position" over the magazine.
Only in this position microswitch 1 and 2 complete the circuit to the magazine motor (if adjusted correctly) In between is the contacts of the "interlock relais" located in the control box.
Only if all 3 switches are closed, the magazine motor will start in scan mode.
21.02.19 17:30
The play relay shouldn't be energized, if the power is turned on, isn't it? Because, if the play relay is on, you can't turn the magazine.

So, the question is: Why is the play relay on?

I assume, the control box that you exchanged was from your working jukebox?

Best regards
Andre

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 21.02.19 17:33.
21.02.19 18:13
Hello Andre, bopper,

the play relay can be energized in 3 ways.
1) service switch in "Scan" position
2) Home sitch closed (magazine is not in home position)
3) Wobble plate switch closed (any selection is made)

If the pay relay is activated but the magazine motor is not starting, possible causes are:
1) play relay does not switch 28V to the power supply connector
2) microswitch 2 or 3 contact not closed (box in "play" or microswitch broken/misaligned)
3) interlock relay contact not closed

Since the gripper was "rebuilt" here, it makes sense to check the alignemet of the switches in home position of the gripper arm. If eveything looks ok, follow the 28V from the power supply connector to the motor.

Rgds..Jürgen

21.02.19 18:56
hi to Rgds Jurgen and Andre for the advice and help, i am going to retest the micro switches and the positions in cam grooves when in the hom position , Jurgen your reason no1 no 28v to the power supply
conducter do you mean the cable feeding the magazine motor?.Andre i am still not happy with the TT unit
it is running at 33rpm i may have the lever that mounts behind the gripper gear in the wrong position have you a photo of the correct way this fits to the gear, thanks Jurgen for the phot of the cam in the home position, i will post after i re-check

regards

bopper

Hallo an Rgds Jurgen und Andre für den Rat und die Hilfe, ich werde die Mikroschalter und die Positionen in den Nockenrillen erneut testen, wenn Sie sich in der Hom-Position befinden, Jurgen Ihren Grund Nr. 1 keine 28V zur Stromversorgung
leiter meinst du das Kabel, das den Magazinmotor speist? Ich bin immer noch nicht zufrieden mit der TT-Einheit
Es läuft um 33 U / min. Ich habe möglicherweise den Hebel, der hinter dem Greiferzahnrad in der falschen Position montiert ist. Sie haben ein Foto der korrekten Art und Weise, wie dies zum Zahnrad passt. Danke Jurgen für das Foto des Nockens in der Ausgangsposition. Ich werde es posten nachdem ich es noch einmal überprüft habe

Grüße

Bopper
21.02.19 19:41
Hi,

the play relay switches 3 voltages:
-115V for the TT - seems to work
-235V for the amplifier
-28V for the magazine motor and other functions - check this voltage at the power supply unit's connector and follow it through the switches all the way to the motor (and return path / GND)
Relay contacts, micorswitch contacts, weak connector, broken cable - all possible.

The lever behind the gripper causes the gripper to come down in either A-side or B-side position.
It changes the position on every revolution of the magazine.
Pictures to see the correct position of the gripper gears and good instructions for the gripper assembly can be found here:
[www.jukebox-world.de]

33/45 switching is done inside the turntable, see this video:
[www.youtube.com]

Good luck...Juergen
22.02.19 09:09
Hello Bopper

I think you should proceed systematically and rule out one possibility of error after another. You had disassembled a lot. You should therefore check again whether all plugs are firmly attached to the correct socket. Then you check whether the cam switches are in the position as in Jürgens picture. Microswitch # 1 is not pressed, microswitches # 2 and # 3 are pressed.

Have you checked if the magazine motor is blocked? You can manually rotate the magazine with the armature shaft protruding from the motor housing. If that's not easy, you have a mechanical problem.

If it works, the next step is to measure the voltage on the motor plug. If there about 28 VDC is present, the motor is defective.

If there is no voltage, you follow the wires step by step using the circuit diagram.

Best regards - charly49
22.02.19 14:22
Hi Chaly49
cheers for the info, the basket turns freely manualy so i am going to check for a voltage at motor connection

best regards

mick (bopper)

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 22.02.19 14:23.
22.02.19 21:22
Hello Mick,

as I understand the first problem is that the play control relay is energized as soon as the box is turned on. Normally this only can be if the basket is not in home position or at least one of the selection levers is in play position.

At first please could you check that none of the selection levers is in play position?

At second could you try to move the magazine in home position? As charly already wrote you can do this manually. Turn it into the right direction. As soon as the magazin is in home, the play control relay should go off.

Maybe we should have the box in a defined condition first.

Best regards
Andre

22.02.19 23:35
Andre
i turned the JB on tonight and he play relay did not energise then i switche to scan mode the relay clicked in and the TT started but the magazine did not work, tomorrow i will check for the 28vdc , which position should the selection levers be so no they are not in play position on the selector plate as i am not sure

regards to all for info and advice

mick

Andre
Ich habe heute Abend die JB-Funktion eingeschaltet und das Spiel-Relais wurde nicht aktiviert. Dann wechselt ich in den Scan-Modus. Das Relais ist eingeklickt und der TT gestartet, aber das Magazin hat nicht funktioniert. Morgen werde ich nach dem 28VDC suchen, in welcher Position die Auswahlhebel so sein sollten Nein, sie sind nicht in Spielposition auf der Auswahlplatte, da bin ich mir nicht sicher

Grüße an alle für Infos und Ratschläge

mick
23.02.19 09:47
Hello Mick,

if the service switch is on "operate" and the play relay is not energized, you can be sure that the magazine is in home position and no selection is made. (All levers facing each other on the right side)

For the 28V measurement, connect the mulimeter to the GND pin at the motor connector and then check all 28V terminals on the way from the supply unit to the motor. You will need a schematic to identify the right pins. Its a long way over several connectors: power supply unit >> credit unit>> control box>>microswitches>>control box>> motor.

Best regards Jürgen
23.02.19 16:04
Hi Jurgen and all

again thanks, i have tested all 3 micro swtches again all woring ok,checked their position with cam ok
checked for 28vdc as suggested 28v up to the control box,i manually put the mag into home position.
When i switched the power on again the play relay operated and TT revovles but still no scan operation
until i manuallty operated the interlock release relay and then the scan operated the mag ok ,but when i switched from scan to operate the mag revovled but did not return to the home position it just stopped in
any positon, then the scan did not work again until i set the interlock again,i wil now set al the select levers as mentioned by Jurgen and put the mag bck in the home position and try again, thaks to all for their patience

regards to all

mick
Hallo Jürgen und alle

nochmal danke, ich habe alle 3 micro swtches nochmal getestet, alles funktioniert ok, überprüfte ihre position mit cam ok
auf 28vdc geprüft wie vorgeschlagen 28v bis zur Kontrollbox, ich habe das mag manuell in die hauptposition gebracht.
Wenn ich den Strom wieder einschaltete, wurde das Wiedergaberelais betätigt und TT drehte sich, aber immer noch kein Scanvorgang
bis ich manuell das Interlock-Freigaberelais betätigte und der Scan das Mag betätigte, aber als ich von Scan zu Oper wechselte, wurde das Mag erneut gedreht, kehrte aber nicht in die Ausgangsposition zurück
Nach jeder Einstellung funktionierte der Scan erst wieder, nachdem ich die Verriegelung wieder eingestellt hatte. Jetzt stelle ich alle von Jürgen genannten Auswahlhebel ein, stelle das Magazin in die Ausgangsposition und versuche es erneut

Grüße an alle

mick
23.02.19 19:01
Hello Mick,

is it right that the magazine sometimes works? So we can exclude that the magazine motor is defective?

With the interlock release relay do you mean the interlock relay as described in the attached file? It is very important that it is in the right position. Otherwise the whole cycle will not work properly. Please check this in comparison with your working jukebox.

And please check the position of the selection levers. The jukebox must stop the magazine in home position if you switch to operate.

Best regards
Andre

24.02.19 12:44
Hi all

after following all the advice from you all the JB now operates in scan mode and returns to home position
the TT operates as it should , the next problem on selecting a record the write-in motor work fine but it does not select the record in carries on revolving until i release the levers on the solenoid on the button casting, if it makes any difference the select light is on all the time
a least some of the box is now working!!

best to all

mick

Hallo zusammen

Nachdem Sie alle Ratschläge von Ihnen befolgt haben, arbeitet die JB jetzt im Scan-Modus und kehrt in die Ausgangsposition zurück
der TT arbeitet wie er sollte, das nächste Problem bei der Auswahl eines Datensatzes funktioniert der Schreibmotor gut, aber er wählt den Datensatz nicht weiter, solange ich ihn nicht dreht, bis ich die Hebel am Solenoid des Knopfes loslasse.
Zumindest funktioniert ein Teil der Box !!

am besten an alle

mick

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 24.02.19 13:47.
24.02.19 19:49
Hello Mick,

in the center on both sides of the selector assembly are printed circuits boards. Please clean the tracks and contacts on it very carefully with a soft cloth and some alcohol or methylated spirits. This should improve the problem.

Best regards
Andre

25.02.19 14:05
Hi All

Andre ,i have cleaned the printed circuits as you adviced, the selection does not work from the buttons
if i manualy select a lever it all wors ok ,ie basket revolves to selection gripper works ok ,manual cancel
works fine, gripper reverses and returns record and basket moves to home and JB stops it just does not select from buttons tho the write-in arm revolves. I know one of you wizards will be able help me as you have done to this piont

thanks to all

regards

mick

Hallo zusammen

Andre, ich habe die gedruckten Schaltungen gereinigt, wie Sie es empfohlen haben. Die Auswahl funktioniert nicht über die Schaltflächen
Wenn ich manuell einen Hebel wähle, verschlechtert sich alles in Ordnung, dh der Korb dreht sich um den Auswahlgreifer, der funktioniert
funktioniert gut, greift der Greifer um und kehrt zurück, und der Korb bewegt sich nach Hause, und JB stoppt. Er wählt nur die Knöpfe aus, die der Schreibarm dreht. Ich weiß, dass einer von euch Zauberern helfen kann, so wie Sie es mit diesem Piont getan haben

Dank an alle
25.02.19 15:31
Try cleaning the pushbutton switches and the contacts of the write-in, attract-delay and stop-relay (in the credit unit)
If the write-in motor stops correctly, you should see a short flash of the current limiting lamp.
Rgsd...Juergen

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 25.02.19 15:33.
25.02.19 16:06
i will make that my next task, thank Juergen Can the 430 be put into free-play mode as the select light
is lite all the time, i know about the free-play button on the credit unit but is this for short term use, only
i have the same problem still that the box does not select the record when indexed from the buttins but if
the lever is pressed manually this is selected ok

regards

mick

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 26.02.19 15:08.
26.02.19 20:14
Hi Mick,

could you explain it a little bit better?

What happens if you push the buttons? Is the write in motor starting? If so, then there shouldn't be a problem with the free play.

If the write in motor never stopps from itself I would expect a more general problem. With the pushbuttons sometimes it works or sometimes not or a certain button works, another not. This is my experience.

Best regards
Andre
26.02.19 22:08
Hi Andre
sorry i will try explain, if i select a record from the buttons (the select light is on ) the buttons active the write-in motor which operates the write -in carrage ok but the carrage just revolves and does not select the requested record and revolves until i i release the lock bar solenoid on the pushbutton housing, if i manualy press down a lever on the inner of the select plate the sequence works fine, ie gripper works ,tonearm works manual cancel works ok , gripper reverses returns recoprd and basket returns to home poition and stops,it seems as tho the write-in carrage is not receiving the signal from the buttons, hope this makes sense, it seems like the JB is on constant freeply as the select light is always lite

cheers

mick
Hi Andre
Entschuldigung, ich werde versuchen zu erklären, wenn ich einen Datensatz von den Schaltflächen auswähle (die Auswahlanzeige leuchtet), sind die Schaltflächen aktiv dreht sich, bis der Sperrstangenmagnet am Druckknopfgehäuse freigegeben wird. Wenn ich einen Hebel an der Innenseite der Wählplatte manuell nach unten drücke, funktioniert die Reihenfolge gut, dh der Greifer funktioniert, der Tonarm funktioniert Nach Hause Pition und stoppt, scheint es, als wenn die Write-In Carrage das Signal von den Knöpfen nicht empfängt. Ich hoffe, das macht Sinn, es scheint, als würde die JB ständig frei sein, da das ausgewählte Licht immer hell ist

Prost

mick
27.02.19 14:11
Hello mick

For troubleshooting, you should know how it works. I will try to describe the course of the selection process. When two selection keys are pressed, a circuit to the sliding contacts on the selector disc is prepared. In addition, the write in relay attracts and this turns on the write in motor. As soon as the wipers come on the prepared circuit, the circuit will be closed for the stop relay. This one attracts, causing the Write In Motor to stop. Subsequently, a credit is subtracted, a selector lever is switched, and so on.

Your problem is that the Write In Arm is running, but the sliding contacts can not find the prepared circuit. There can be different reasons. In most cases, it is because the sliding contact plate is dirty or oxidized. Because you've already cleaned the sliding contact plate, that might not be the cause. Presumably, the circuit is not prepared correctly. For that, the push button switches are relevant.

Each of the switch blocks has several rows of switches. One row is used to prepare the circuit to the segments of the selector disc. The switches are connected in series. The current is supplied to the button A, or 1. When a button is not pressed, the circuit is connected to the next button. When a button is pressed, the series connection is interrupted at this point and switched to the corresponding segment on the selector disk. It often happens that the series connection is interrupted at one or more points, even though the button is not pressed. The result is that all subsequent buttons have no function.

I think that's the cause of your problem with your box. You should try to restore the contact with a good electronics contact spray (not one from the gas station). You spray the contact slides strongly with it. Then you press each key several times until the contact resistance is below 1 ohm. If you did that on all buttons, the selection should work.

Best regards - charly49
27.02.19 17:56
Hi Charly49

thanks for the info ,i will follow all the advise step by step , i have some good contact cleaner so thats no problem , i will follow up when i have completed all
forgot to ask why is the select light always lite ? on my other 430 the light extinguishes after the selection have be used up

best regard

cheers
mick

Hallo Charly49

danke für die infos, ich folge allen ratschlägen Schritt für Schritt, ich habe einen guten Kontaktreiniger, so dass es kein Problem ist, ich werde nachverfolgen, wenn ich alles abgeschlossen habe
vergessen zu fragen, warum ist das ausgewählte Licht immer hell? Bei meinem anderen 430 erlischt das Licht, nachdem die Auswahl aufgebraucht ist

mit bestem Gruß

Prost
mick

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 27.02.19 18:44.
27.02.19 19:13
Hi Mick,

it is described in charlys first paragraph.
A credit can only be subtracted if the write in motor properly stops.

Best regards
Andre
01.03.19 13:43
Hi to all

i have completed all the cleaning of the pushbuttom contacts and still have the same problem ,on selecting a number example A5 the number latches in ok the write-in motor starts and the write-in carriage revolves but does not stop on the requested number ,i have to release the latch in lever for it to stop.
if i press the same select lever (A5) maually the record is selected and all works fine., how does the selector plate work regarding the levers and receiving a signal from the pushbuttons as to which selection is made please advise

best to all
mick

Hallo an alle

Ich habe die Reinigung der Pushbuttom-Kontakte abgeschlossen und habe immer noch das gleiche Problem. Bei Auswahl einer Nummer A5 rastet die Nummer ein, der Write-In-Motor startet und der Write-In-Wagen dreht sich, stoppt jedoch nicht bei der angeforderten Nummer. Ich muss den Riegel im Hebel loslassen, damit er anhält.
Wenn ich den gleichen Wählhebel (A5) manuell drücke, wird der Datensatz ausgewählt und alles funktioniert einwandfrei. Wie funktioniert die Wählscheibe hinsichtlich der Hebel und empfängt ein Signal von den Drucktastern, welche Auswahl getroffen wird, teilen Sie dies bitte mit

am besten an all

mick

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 01.03.19 16:41.
01.03.19 16:54
hi again

after my last posting i stripped down an old selector plate and i cannot understand just how the slide levers operate, they do not come in contact with the printed circuit parts and are not a switch,yet if i operated one manually, (as at the moment this is the only way to operate the JB,) the sequence of playing a record begins

regards

mick
01.03.19 17:58
The little levers move a disk, the wobble plate, inside the selector. This operates the microswitch (named wobble plate switch) on the top of the selector.
The coils on the write-in carriage are not strong enough to operate the levers if none is set. That's the reason for the additional coil on the selector (wobble plate coil), next to the switch. It moves the wobble plate to make it easier to set the first lever.
01.03.19 18:03
Hi Andre, Jurgen and Charly-49

the latest in my saga, as i said the JB will (1) not select from the buttons tho it start the write-in motor and carriage operate, and that (2) the select light on the pushbutton housing is always lite,i have tried the free play button on the credit unit there is a click but it does not engage the pawl relay to add credit, so i
i manually depressed the pawl which added credit ,i then selected from the pushbuttons and the write -in
operated and selected the record and tried different selections and all worked, coul the coin mechanics
have been altered to cause the problems 1 +2

best regards
geting tired
mick

Hallo Andre, Jürgen und Charly-49

Das letzte Mal in meiner Geschichte, wie ich sagte, wird die JB (1) nicht aus den Tasten auswählen, dass sie den Einschreibmotor und den Schlittenbetrieb startet, und dass (2) das Auswahllicht auf dem Gehäuse der Drucktaste immer lite ist Ich habe den Free-Play-Button auf der Krediteinheit ausprobiert, aber es gibt keinen Klick, aber das Sperrenrelais wird nicht aktiviert, um Guthaben hinzuzufügen
Ich drückte die Sperrklinke, die den Kredit hinzugefügt hat, manuell nieder, und wählte dann die Drucktasten und das Einschreiben aus
betätigte und wählte die Platte aus und probierte verschiedene Auswahlen aus und alles funktionierte, wie die Münzmechanik
wurden geändert, um die Probleme 1 +2 zu verursachen

freundliche Grüße
müde werden
mick
01.03.19 18:10
Hi Marc

thanks for that info now more understandable

best regards

mick
01.03.19 19:20
Hello Mick,

please have a look at the 2 pictures.

read-out: If you manually make any selection, switch(3) closes as explained by Marc, the magazine starts and will stop when one of the contacts for A or B side - located under the black pastic between the two solenoids (4) - hit the selcted lever. A simple contact to the metal. The magazine will stop at this position and the solenoids(4) will reset the lever, one solenois is for A side, the other for the B side.
Make a few checks selecting A and B sides. If the gripper starts, comes down in A or B position and the levers are put back in the off position, you are done here.

You problem is still very early in the write-in sequence:
When the push buttons are locked, the write in motor starts, that seems to work.
The push buttons "send the code" to the PCB (1). When the position matches the "code", the stop relais inside the credit unit stops the motor. After the motor stopped, the solenoids(2) set the lever starting the "read out" sequence. (This is a bit simplified)

For the moment you should try to find the reason why the stop relais is not activated. Beside cleaning the PCB(1) and the push button contacts, you should clean the contacts of the write in relay, the attrackt delay relay and the stop relay. You should also check/clean the contacts of the push button connector and the credit unit connectors. If all this won`t help, we will need to get again into measuring some voltages.

01.03.19 20:04
Hi Jurge

thankyou for a great explaintion and the illustations , i spent time cleaning all the relay contacts in the credit unut as you have mentionend,in my last posting i mentioned that i pressed the free ply button on the credit unit and relay controling the indexing pawl did not energise so i manual pressed this and a relay in the push button bank clicked in (my other 430 does this when i press free play) i then pressed a selection on the buttons and it selected the request and completed the sequece ( write -in stopped ,selected the request, basket revolved to record gripper picked the record then returned the record and basket returned to home and stopped) i tried with several button requests and they all completed the cycle.What i cannot undersrtand is why the select lite is always lite, that is upto date at the moment
am i right in thinking that as the buttons have selected ok as i described above the connections up to the selet plate must be ok

best regard

thanks again
mick

Hallo Jurge

Ich danke Ihnen für die großartige Erklärung und die Illustationen. Ich habe Zeit damit verbracht, alle Relaiskontakte im Guthaben zu säubern. Wie Sie bereits erwähnt haben, erwähnte ich in meinem letzten Posting, dass ich den freien Sperrknopf auf der Guthabeneinheit gedrückt habe und das Relais die Indexierklinke betätigt habe nicht erregen, also drückte ich dies manuell und ein Relais in der Drucktastenbank klickte ein (mein anderer 430 tut dies, wenn ich freies Spiel drücke). Dann drückte ich eine Auswahl auf die Tasten und es wählte die Anforderung aus und beendete die Reihenfolge (Write-In angehalten, wählte die Anforderung aus, Korb drehte sich, um den Datensatz aufzunehmen. Greifer wählte den Datensatz aus und gab den Datensatz zurück. Der Korb ging nach Hause zurück und stoppte.) Ich versuchte es mit mehreren Tastenanfragen, und alle beendeten den Zyklus. Was ich nicht unterschätzen kann, ist, warum Select Lite immer ist lite, das ist im Moment aktuell
Ich habe recht, wenn man bedenkt, dass die Knöpfe ok gewählt haben, wie oben beschrieben, müssen die Verbindungen bis zur Auswahlplatte in Ordnung sein

mit bestem Gruß

Danke noch einmal
mick
02.03.19 08:28
Helllo Mick,

sounds like after all your cleaning work, the write-in is now working.

Please check here for a possible cause of your permanent credit light:
[forum.jukebox-world.de]

If the free play switch is not adding credit, clean it`s contact and check the relais coil.
Some RO credit units have a fuse inside to protect the 3 coils. (Not sure about the 430)
Can you add credit from any of the coin switches ?

Best regards...Jürgen
02.03.19 09:29
Hi Jurgen
i will check all the contacts on the free playbutton and relay ,i have not tested adding credit via coins can i do this from the switches as it is set for american coins i have not got any, could this coin mechs have been altered to a free play setting at some time?

thanks and regards

mick

Hallo Jürgen
ich werde alle kontakte auf dem free play button und das relais überprüfen. ich habe noch nicht getestet, wie man guthaben über münzen hinzufügt. Ich kann dies über die Schalter tun, da es für amerikanische münzen eingestellt ist freie Spieleinstellung zu einer Zeit?

Danke und Grüße

mick
02.03.19 10:28
Hello Mick,

you can push the switches manually at the plastic lever without using a coin. Just one at a time and only close it shortly. The contacts may also need cleaning.
Modification to free play is usually done by removing the reset pawl and spring:
[www.jukebox-world.de]
When removed, the credits are not subtracted anymore.

Rgds...Jürgen
03.03.19 18:29
HI All

i have not touched the JB today but i had a quick looke at the coin switches and not sure if they been
wedged closed , i will look properly tomorrow, could this be the cause of the problems, i tried a selectin from the pushbottons last night and it selected ok

best regards

mick

Hallo zusammen

Ich habe die JB heute nicht angerührt, aber ich hatte einen kurzen Blick auf die Münzschalter und war mir nicht sicher, ob sie es waren
geklemmt geschlossen, ich werde morgen ordentlich aussehen, könnte dies die Ursache der Probleme sein, ich habe gestern Abend ein selectin von den Pushbottons ausprobiert und es war ok

freundliche Grüße

mick
05.03.19 15:08
Hi to all

the 430 seems to operating ok ,it is selecting and playing the records fine, the select light has now extinguished i must have used all the credits it also puts on credits from the free-play button, i will take this opportunity to thank all the people that helped, without them it would not be at this stage

ANDRE,JURGEN, CHARLY-49, MARC and all on the forum for all your help much appreciated
if any futer problems i will seek your help

best regards

mick

Hallo an alle

Der 430 scheint zu funktionieren, er wählt die Platten aus und spielt sie gut ab. Das ausgewählte Licht ist jetzt gelöscht. Ich muss all die Credits verwendet haben, die es auch für die Credits vom Free-Play-Button gibt. Ich werde diese Gelegenheit nutzen, um mich bei allen zu bedanken Menschen, die geholfen haben, ohne sie wäre es nicht in diesem Stadium

ANDRE, JURGEN, CHARLY-49, MARC und alle im Forum für all Ihre Hilfe sehr geschätzt
Wenn Sie Probleme haben, werde ich Ihre Hilfe suchen

freundliche Grüße

mick
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in