AMI Continental

geschrieben von - posted by seancalla 
AMI Continental
13.12.18 20:16
Hi
Jukebox has been in working condition now suddenly when a selection is made the assemblies at the back revolve and move to strike the selection pin but don't actually push the pin. Any advice on this please
Sean

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 13.12.18 21:26.
Re: AMI Continental
14.12.18 08:51
Hello Sean

You did not specify whether the pinpusher arm stops, or whether it rotates continuously.

Best regards - charly49
14.12.18 09:05
Hi
Sorry, the pinpusher stops but no pin is pushed
Sean
14.12.18 10:25
Hello Sean

There are various possiblities for that. The pinpusher can be misaligned or bent so that it hits next to the pin. It may be that the coil gets no power, because the responsible contact (on the Sprag Relay) badly closes. It may also be that the coil has too little power, because the pins are stiff. The coil is inside the axis of the record magazine and is held by a metal plate on the pin wheel. If this metal plate has loosened, the coil may have slipped too far into the axis and therefore has no force. It also happens (very rarely) that the coil is defective.

Best regards - charly49
14.12.18 12:01
Hi
The pinpusher I would say is aligned ok as it stops over the correct pin. The pins are loose and have been in regular usr. I am thinking the coil gets too little power from sprang relay contact. Is it the pulse that goes through that contact and possibly too weak of a pulse
Sean
15.12.18 15:25
Hello Sean

Did you check if the pinpusher coil is fixed correctly?

If so, you should clean and adjust the contacts on the Sprag Relay.

Best regards - charly49
19.12.18 23:18
Hi
I don't see the plate you are saying but I will upload a photo of the pin wheel. I cleaned contacts today.
Just to note this machine had been modified by previous owner, so to select the keys are held in manually until selection is made. So after cleaning contacts and making a selection sometimes it will select other times the number had to be pressed again so sprang relay operates and pin pusher pushes pin out presumably giving a bit more power to the solenoid. I notice that the leaf spring on one section has not enough force to push pin pusher back and thus push solenoid back in. Do you know where these leaf springs can be got from. So i would say solenoid is not pushing out far enough to make selection on first try but will make selection on second try. The 100mf cap seems new but difficult to get at. If someone had a photo showing the plate around the solenoid thst would be useful.
I know this may sound confusing but can clarify
Seancalla
20.12.18 12:19
Hello Sean

The discussed plate can be seen on the attached picture (F-3414). On the coil (F-8877) is a slot into which the plate engages, keeping the coil in place.

It is not good if the keys do not lock but need to be held. I suspect it's just an adjustment problem. In the case of the Conti, the Lock Solenoid has the reverse function of all others. If there is no credit, the lock solenoid is on. Then the buttons must be released. If credit is present, the keys need to lock in because the lock solenoid has fallen off. Even if the box is de-energized, the keys should lock.

If you have to hold the keys, it may happen that you release the keys too soon. Then maybe the impulse on the Pinpusher Coil is too short. You should try to restore the original function. There is an instruction in the service manual. If you do not have a manual, here in the shop you can get it. [www.jukebox-world.de]

Best regards - charly49

In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in