Rörhe ECL 86 for wurlitzer LYRIC M 1964

geschrieben von - posted by philip5500 
Rörhe ECL 86 for wurlitzer LYRIC M 1964
12.12.18 16:17
Hello,

With Christmas coming soon, I hope to play some good tunes on my jukebox.

I think it's time to replace 2 of the 4 ECL 86 Rörhe.

Has anyone advise where to buy them? Is a PCL 86 Rörhe the same?

Is it save to let the jukebox play when only 2 Rörhe are installed?

I also have a general jukebox question.

I'm not great in electronics but I managed to remove the amplifier out of my jukebox.

When electrified I hear a little humming sound in the amplifier when I put my ear against it (even when the Rörhe are removed).

When I mount the amplifier in the jukebox the humming sound becomes louder because the wooden panels of the jukebox vibrate a little. When I put my hand on the outside wooden panels you can feel the vibration. Sometimes the humming sound seems to be picked up by the speakers. Is this normal for older jukeboxes? Or is it possible to have an original jukebox without any humming sound?

Happy Xmas,

Philip
Re: Rörhe ECL 86 for wurlitzer LYRIC M 1964
13.12.18 06:06
ECL86s are rare and expensive, expect to pay 30-50€ per valve, and you need 4 of them, 2 per channel.
It's not OK to use only 2.
Why do you think you need new ones?

Has the amplifier been rebuilt? If not, that should be done before replacing the valves. Problems with other parts of the amplifier can shorten the life of the valves drastically.

A PCL86 is nearly the same, but made for 300mA series heating instead of 6.3V parallel heating. So it's no direct replacement, it won't work.
P-valves were mainly used in televisions.

The humming sound is a mechanical problem, the transformer vibrates. Sometimes this can be cured by simply fastening the screws.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 13.12.18 07:48.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in