Rock-Ola Sybaris going to North America (220-120)

geschrieben von - posted by fcalazzo 
Rock-Ola Sybaris going to North America (220-120)
11.09.18 08:46
Dear all,

I have a Rock-Ola Sybaris and live in the EU.

I might, not sure yet but I'd rather prepare for the scenario, relocate to Canada.

How and what should I do to make sure that my juke-box would work properly in North America?

I have heard about a couple of issues, here and there on the internet, but whil I understood that theere might be a problem, it still is not clear (to me, at least) what is it that I have to do.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and patience in making me understand the whole she-bang.

Best,

Francesco

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 11.09.18 19:32.
Re: Rock-Ola Sybaris going to North America (220-120)
12.09.18 11:50
Kanada hat bisher 120V / 60Hz. Ein einfacher Transformator kann das Spannungsproblem lösen.
Ich habe auch gehört, dass 240v in kanadische Häuser kommen und das für alle Einrichtungen halbiert wird. Aber diese speziellen Verbindungen können für bestimmte Geräte (Wäschetrockner usw.) bis 240 V gemacht werden. Also vielleicht kann das für die Jukebox verwendet werden.
Oder vielleicht ein Netzteil von einem USA Sybaris kaufen?

Das Problem bleibt jedoch die Netzfrequenz. Dann können Sie vielleicht einen Frequenzumrichter oder einen US-Drehscheibenmotor verwenden.

Nur ein paar Gedanken von mir ...
12.09.18 12:09
The easiest was would be an US power supply and 60Hz motor.
12.09.18 19:07
No Sorry do not use the us Power supply . You will kill the TL lamps. You must buy a Transformer 120 to 240V and change the spring from the tt motor
Rainer
12.09.18 19:10
Thank you Rainer, Marc, and Saber.

A transformer is the easiest solution for somebody like me, no dexterity or electronic knowledge whatsoever ... am just a music collector.

However, the question of the spring needs to be raised again.

Would that be hard to do? How hard? And what would I need exactly to do to make it work?

Thanks again.

Francesco
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in