ami i not return to play a side after playing a b side

geschrieben von - posted by Bill 
ami i not return to play a side after playing a b side
01.08.18 17:24
My ami i 100 manual selection juke box has a problem ( was intermittent but now seems to do it 90% of the time ) ,
When playing A sides (which I usually do ) it will play no trouble . When a B side is selected it plays that no trouble . However when an A side is played again it returns to the B side position on the turn table and no sound . If I flick the rocker lever it plays the sound and will return the record to the record rack when finished . but if another A side selection is selected it does exactly the same thing . I have to flick the rocker arm again , return the record to the record rack . flip the rocker arm so its in the A side position and this will then play the A sides as usual .
I have been told to change the stopper switches , which I have not yet done due to limited time. and the ones I have got are different terminal size connections . do you know if this will cure the problem .
Also is it possible to remove the pin selector wheel off to get to these with less difficulty, and is it more or less straight forward todo the job .
I have had the jukebox for approx 40 - 45 years and managed to keep it going . Any help appreciated . regards Bill .
Re: ami i not return to play a side after playing a b side
02.08.18 08:13
Hello Bill

The cause of the error is that the Toggle Shifter Coil # 1 is not operated when an A-side is selected. If an A-side was also played before, it does not matter. But if a B-side was played in front of it, the Transfer Switch is in the wrong position and the B-side pin is reset instead of the A-side pin. Therefore, the Stopping Switch # 1 remains pressed, the placement of the record can not be completed. The transfer motor remains energized (but is blocked), the amplifier remains muted and the record can not be put back.

In most cases, the error is caused by dirty or poorly adjusted Camshaft switches. In rare cases, however, it may be due to Stopping Switch # 1. ( [www.jukebox-world.de] ). There are, in addition to the schematics, all settings described. There is also a description of the work flow with circuit diagram and position sketch for each work step.

Best regards - charly49
02.08.18 13:02
Hello charly49
Thank you for your prompt reply , much appreciated .
I have checked the contacts on the camshaft switches and cleaned them . But did not cure it .When I get the time and in the right mood I will check them again , and if no luck will try the stopper switches which seem to be the original switch , so now 60 years old . Nearly as Old has me !
I have a manual on the AMI I model and will have a look through it again . Although some of the diagrams are a bit confusing due to possible printed copies .
Thanks again for your help and will keep you updated when I get round to doing the job . For the moment it is playing and sounds good as the amp was rebuilt recently .

Today (Saturday) I have had another look at the jukebox . Believe it or not but it seems to be working as Normal Fingers crossed it will stay that way !
I will leave it now to see if it continues to work . I do not want to touch anything why it's working ok
Thanks for your help charly49
Regards Bill

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 04.08.18 15:30.
22.08.18 10:45
i had the same problem with my ami G200 wich uses the same mechanism only a few minor updates are in the ami I .If you stand in the front of the jukebox on the left is a lever with two pairs of switches . The right is for the b side the left is for the A side . Now you can do 2 things .First look if they are burned in .If not you have to clean them (esp the left one thats the one that gives you problems ) .If that doesnt work you have to loosen the screws and adjust them . In my case i had to turn the last wiperblade on the left swich around (that has a contact on both sides since its never used its new ) .Mine is now playing apox 2 years without any problems .
22.08.18 11:07
Thanks for your message . I will look at that , but do not see any switches on the left . They are not the ones on the right side of the model I
it is a bit intermittent now and then , could be that the a sides get played near 100%. and this may cause the problem with the contacts not being used as much
regards bill
23.08.18 09:10
Hello wheelboy

The G200 usually has the transfer switches on the right side, as well as the following models. However, there may be an early version with the transfer switches mounted on the left. The early version also had a different circuit. I have a schematic of it, but I have not seen one yet.

In your box, a contact was burned out, which lies in the circuit for the reset coil. In Bill's box, the circuit for the reset coils is fine. This can be recognized by the fact that the pin is reset if he switches the transfer switches manually (and back again, otherwise the gripper would jam when returning the record). Bill's box "forgets", so to speak, to operate the toggle shifter coil (and thus the transfer switches). Thus, the wrong side of the record is played and the wrong pin is reset. The stopping switch remains switched (relieved), the Gripper motor remains switched on and the amplifier remains muted. The cause is in most cases dirty or badly adjusted camshaft switches.

Best regards - charly49
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in